lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-13-2010, 08:12 AM   #101
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Confused on Paint job

Sorry Lisa
I was waiting for some updates on when you started the back. For finish polishing you need what they call a machine glaze, this is a much finer grit and will get rid of the small scratches and swirl marks from the more abrasive compound. If you can get a egg crate pad that is black also that would be ideal, this pad is designed for the glaze and is softer. If not at least use some kind of new pad for the glaze.
master66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-13-2010, 02:19 PM   #102
glorybirds
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Okay Thanks, picked up the pad today actually. I need help asap I was going to try and get most of this done today but I have a weird thing going on. I sprayed a coat of primer and in some spots my original color is showing. I have sprayed it over and over about 5 times and it won't cover. Don't want to go on until I find out what to do. And I did use bulldog and grease remover.
glorybirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #103
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

How big are the spots? Let the primer dry then sand the spots a bit, wipe down with wax and grease, just a little bit on a rag is good then a dry rag. When you go to re-apply the primer start with two "dust coats" that means dont hammer it on there and let them dry completely. If it still won't cover stop and we have to figure something else out. Allot of times if there is something not letting the paint stick the heavier you put it on the worse it makes it.
Old 04-13-2010, 03:04 PM   #104
glorybirds
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

When waiting for your response in an area not seen I sprayed some more adhesion promoter let it dry and sprayed more primer and it stuck. I will try what you said. Some spots are small half a pee put some are like a line inch long.
Old 04-13-2010, 07:35 PM   #105
glorybirds
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Well that was a tough one. Had to redo those spots a couple times before they finally covered. That was weird. I'll keep you posted and of course you'll hear from me when disaster strikes because I'm sure it will again.
Old 04-22-2010, 02:45 PM   #106
glorybirds
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

This is my first and last golf cart. I'm having problems again. I made sure I had 4 good coats of clear on and things were going good but then on the side towards the back where the cart isn't smooth kinda separates top half and bottom half I have a line that went down to the primer and it's about 2 inches long, and I have about 3 other spots I blew thru but they won't be that noticeable. Question is if I repaint this spot using a template it is going to show like a box and a different shade. Any tricks up your sleeve before I shoot myself. I already ordered 2 more cans of clear.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #107
master66
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You can fix it but do not use a template, this will create a hard edge of paint and you will relly notice it. Sand the area to be resprayed with the 2000 grit about six inches to a foot more than the area that you are respraying, then mist on you're color working from the mark out, heavier over the mark and lighter on the surounding areas til it hides the primer. Then do the same with the clear, heavier over the mark and lighter on the surounding areas but not all the way to the edge of where you previously sanded with 2000. Wet sand with 2000 when dry and try it again, and I suggest staying away from the edges when buffing.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:21 PM   #108
glorybirds
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I have not forgot about you guys. I have been suffering for 3 1/2 weeks with bronchitis that is turning into pneumonia and can't do anything, had more x-rays yesterday. My cart just needs to be buffed. Hubby decided to start doing it yesterday and I noticed he blew thru in some spots, I dread the fix ups. I will still send pics when I am done.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint