lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

Default Golf Car Painting

I was wondering how do you paint a golf cart? What are the steps, tool and paint?
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2007, 01:28 PM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Default Re: Golf Car Painting

Preparation Preparation Preparation!!!

Sand it down to a baby's hiny smooth with 800-1000 grit paper. Fix any imperfections (like scratches, gouges, etc) with something like Napa MicroLite. I use Prep-All to wipe the body down right before paint, and a tack rag. After you've double, triple, quadruple checked it and you are sure it's the way you want it, and it's CLEAN, spray it with an adhesion promoter, let it set for about 15 minutes, and spray it with a good coat of primer. Remember, lots of light coats! Not one big, runny one.
After that, I use distilled water to wet sand the primer just enough to scuff it. Let that dry and >>>LIGHTLY<<< hit it with the Prep-All. Then tack rag it again. Now you're ready for your base/clear.

Maybe tungpo1 will jump in here, he's an expert on painting.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:40 PM   #3
napalaz
Gone Wild

One thing to remember all paint is good as long as you prer correctly and think of the paint as a complete system in other words if you shoot ppg toner make sure you use ppg fo the other components but what will make better than the rest is to use all NAPA product
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 03:49 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I get DuPont products for free, so I'm not turning that one down!

I've got 2 quarts of GM Indigo Blue Metallic, 2 quarts of reducer and activator, 2 of clear coat, and some other stuff that I don't even know what it is but I need it.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:49 AM   #5
mikej
Not Yet Wild

are you kidding me its all about prep any one can paint . house of colors is what you want shake and shoot is shake shoot, want a sweet color go house color. but dont think anyone can do it candys take some time to perfect as do base/clear,but you can do it, it just takes time as does anything. just go slow dont get ahead of yourself and start with small parts. also keep in mind paint does not stick to metal you need to use a ecthing primer to adhere to the metal then use a build primer to fill ,finish with 400 to 600 and you will be fine. dont be scared of mixed paint its so easy just a few more steps but well worth it.
mikej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:49 AM   #6
Xtreme Cartz
The Fabricator

I tried painting my Workhorse bed and it looks like sh!# now. I will get some pics. Trust me you're going to laugh!!
Xtreme Cartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 02:22 PM   #7
mikej
Not Yet Wild

cant wait to see it
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM   #8
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post
cant wait to see it
Me either!

I just got done spraying some Duplicolor truck bed liner on my cart's bed. I may do the entire front end with what I have left over.
Old 10-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #9
NetMXer
Gone Wild

I was just thinking about using some spray on bed liner on the floor of my cart. The mat needs to be replaced anyway and I figured the bed liner would look better and last longer.
NetMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 09:28 AM   #10
mikej
Not Yet Wild

i used that on the steps of my enclosed sled trailer and it has held up very well. i think it was the duplicolor ? it was in a spray can looks good also.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint