lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-20-2009, 08:01 AM   #1
56servi
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default How Do I clean Engine for Paint

I have a spare EZ GO 295 engine that I want to paint before rebuilding. It has a lot of baked on dirt & mud. SInce we have about 2 feet of snow on the ground it is hard to clean outside now. I have heard that transmission shops have a parts cleaned like a dishwasher that they use to clean parts. Don't know if they would clean an engine for me or if it would get all the dirt/mud off.

Any ideas? I plan on using Red Dupli Color engine paint

GeneB
56servi is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-20-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: How Do I clean Engine for Paint

Worth a shot, A machine shop will have the cleaning vat as well.
Ask them if it is safe for the aluminum bearing surfaces. It used to be an acid bath but I think the solutions today are a little more enviro friendly.

For what it's worth, easy-off oven cleaner is great for block cleaning/stripping and paint/grease remover.
Don't forget gloves and goggles!
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 08:49 AM   #3
teachafd
Not Yet Wild

I soaked my head and jug in a bucket of mean green and water about 60/40 overnight. It was cleaner then the hot tank (dishwasher) at work could clean it. Cheap too.
teachafd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 12:54 AM   #4
Stsguy
Not Yet Wild

We media blasted when the engine was sealed on a few in the past. I used stage 2 paving stone sand from lowes 5 bucks a bag sifted thru a screen and laid on a tarp in the sun to dry ...very important step. Remove carb Make a plate to bolt over intake remove any wires plastics etc then pressure wash to ensure all sand is washed away. . The shop doing our club car engine builds race engines and has a killer vat with high pressure and promises it will stripped like a new engine in and out.... we will see
Stsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 10:32 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Degreaser and warm water pressurewash always works for me. Final clean before paint with acetone or prep spray.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts