lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2014, 03:42 PM   #1
Davisvon28
Not Yet Wild

Default Need help adjusting governor!!!

Hi i have a 2014 ez go valor and i need it to go a little faster. Can someone help me adjust the governor. I can send pictures! I cant find the governor because i have a newer model and i cant find a match on the pictures that im seeing on the internet.
Davisvon28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2014, 04:10 PM   #2
Davisvon28
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need help adjusting governor!!!

Can someone tell me which part is the governor?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (198.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-02-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
Bob-0
Gone Wild

The silver spring on top.... Tighten down some and check RPMs. You can put the shifter into neutral lockout. On the back of the shift handle is a pull out tab. Put the car in neutral and rotate that tab 180 degrees and then move the shift handle to ensure it locks into place. Adjust as needed, being sure to make sure to keep the RPMs from getting too high
Bob-0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 06:50 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisvon28 View Post
Can someone tell me which part is the governor?
The gold spring is the governor spring on the newer carts. The other is the shifter. If that is a pic of your it is already set as fast as it can go. The tighter that cable, the faster it goes. Now with that said, mine wide open was still slow and figured out there was some slop in the bracket where it pinched the shaft coming out of the transaxle. I was able to loosen it and spin it such that the cable could pull it tighter.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #5
Davisvon28
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The gold spring is the governor spring on the newer carts. The other is the shifter. If that is a pic of your it is already set as fast as it can go. The tighter that cable, the faster it goes. Now with that said, mine wide open was still slow and figured out there was some slop in the bracket where it pinched the shaft coming out of the transaxle. I was able to loosen it and spin it such that the cable could pull it tighter.
Would it be a bad iidea to pull the wire out of the holder and put the black rubber piece behind the metal holder?
Old 04-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #6
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The rubber piece it just to keep the cable entry clean so no dirt gets in the cable. You can tighten it until it no longer has any threads to sit on but be careful of rpms on that motor. I have heard here that if pushed over 4k for extended periods and the motor may go boom. What tire size do you have and what speed do you want. My RXV runs about 26 with 21" tires at just under 4K. It will run faster but over 4K
Old 04-03-2014, 07:28 PM   #7
Davisvon28
Not Yet Wild

I have 23 inch tires and also do you know a way to stop the engine from letting up when it reaches a certain speed, like going down hill the motor will stop because it already going a certain speed
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 PM   #8
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

to adjust the governor by loosing the bolt use a 10 mm wrench and move 1/8 " at a time. its very easy , do not mess with the spring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 101302d1396472922t-adjusting-governor-image.jpg (11.6 KB, 0 views)
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 10:51 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Rusty, are you talking about the bolt circled in red? That is the adjustment from the governor to the carb. That can be adjusted but messing with it to much and the cart won't idle. The threaded shaft with the small rubber boot is the main adjustment.

Tags
2014, ezgo, gas, governor, valor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO