lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2012, 12:21 AM   #1
974door
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Amp location.....

I am currently in the building stages of my cart. Working on installing the audio equipment now. Just curious on where everyone is mounting their amps? I have been contemplating building a rack over batteries if there is enough room between batteries and the seat. Wont have that answer until i put my body back on. I will have a sub in the bagwell so that location is out of the question.
974door is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2012, 07:54 AM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Amp location.....

Why not mount it in the passenger side area under the seat next to the batteries?
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:49 PM   #3
974door
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

There is some stuff in that compartment already. Not sure if it will fit
974door is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 01:52 PM   #4
kgraves
Not Yet Wild

I mounted mine under the seat on the drivers side in a plastic container with a lid so it doesnt get wet or dirty.
kgraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 04:57 PM   #5
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

how big of an amp? you could mount it in the glove box, or in the bag well. If you have a top you could mount it up there with the speakers. just a thought.

good luck with the install.
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
AirJunky
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thinkin about mounting an 8" Bazooka Tube in the bagwell area. Found an amplified one (integrated 100 watt amp) in CL for $50. Only running a 24 watt deck & a pair of sixes under the seat for now. May need to add a couple more sixes in the dash area too. Thought about running a 4 channel amp too but I'm not sure I'm ready to make that leap yet. I think I have room near the battery area to mount it. Not sure it would like the heat much though.
AirJunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:57 AM   #7
seanb97072
Not Yet Wild

i tryed my 100 watt bazooka and it sounded bad i wonder if it is cause in not useing a voltage converter and just taping off of 2 6v batteries to make 12v any ideas ?
seanb97072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 10:43 PM   #8
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

what do you mean by bad? if it's got 12 volts it doesn't care. but you could be getting EMI. is it distorted all the time? how is the audio supplied? get us as much detail and I am sure we can help you narrow it down!
Old 07-02-2012, 06:16 AM   #9
seanb97072
Not Yet Wild

Yea all distorded the whole time it is being feed by rcas but the radio deck speakers sound fine so I'm confused
seanb97072 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 11:55 AM   #10
BumbleBee
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

check to make sure you don't have a bass boost on, or way too much bass in the radio settings. also check the input gain on the sub itself. sometimes they are cranked up too far. you may need to back it off.

Maybe a dumb question you don't have an amp between the radio and the tube do you? Most of those tubes are self amplified. if so, that could be it.

some of the bazooka tubes have hi and low level inputs to them, meaning you could hook up via RCA or the regular speaker wires from the radio. if yours does, try to look it up to the speaker lines, disconnect the RCA's and see if it's better. if so you could have a bad RCA or the RCA connection on the Tube is bad.

See if that helps.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!