lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #1
musicluvr101
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO Silver E Won't Run

Hello to everyone. I have an EZGO Silver E with a EH29C engine. I have been having a dickens of a time getting it running so I changed the spark plugs and made sure the gas was fresh and went through the general maintenance for the start of the year.

So, when it wouldn't start I started to look through the system. I find the gas line coming out from the gas tank and through a fuel filter and then into a little metal box (sorry, I'm not the best at mechanical terms). From that metal box, two lines then go to the engine. One line goes straight into the engine and the second line goes through a fuel filter and then into the engine. Ok, I'm good with following it so far.

Now, there is a line coming OUT of the engine (just below the air filter) and it is going to a fuel filter and then to nothing else. My assumption is that it was hooked to something before because I do not remember there being a fuel filter hanging loose. However, for the life of me I can't find anything that it would have connected to.

Does this sound familiar to anyone?
musicluvr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-01-2011, 06:03 AM   #2
rusty shackel
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO Silver E Won't Run

ok the round thingy that all the line go to is your fuel pump .
leaving the gas tank the line goes to a filter then to the fuel pump there is an arrow stamped on it <---- this is in then there is a line that leaves the fuel pump ---> to the carb. then the line that hooks up from the motor goes to "near the rear" of the pump this line is pulse vac. line that make the pump run.
i put some pictures here hope this helps you!
let us know if you got it working

RUSTY S
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2001 removal ezgo 1st step 003.jpg (224.4 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2001 removal ezgo 1st step 004.jpg (207.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 2001 removal ezgo 1st step 005.jpg (182.8 KB, 11 views)
rusty shackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #3
musicluvr101
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO Silver E Won't Run

Thanks for the feedback and help.

I follow you with what you described (thanks for clarifying the "thingy" ... *smile*). Let me provide more detail and see if this helps.

1) I followed the gas line from the tank to the fuel filter and then to the fuel pump.

2) One line comes out of the fuel pump, through a silver canister (which I assume is another fuel filter (?) and into the carb.

3) There is a second line coming from the carb back to the fuel pump and I believe this is the pulse vac line to which you refer.

Ok, I've followed you so far. Here is where my confusion lies. There is a third line that comes out of the carb that runs to a silver canister (much like the one I mention in #2 above) and then stops. There is no line connected to the other end of the canister. When I put my thumb over the end of this canister and push the gas pedal down, there is a pressure building. However, I don't know where to connect this canister.

I will also try to get some pictures later today.

Thanks.
Brian
musicluvr101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO