lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-14-2014, 04:24 PM   #1
Buggy Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default BAD BOY BUGGY 2013 Recoil IS

My batteries are charged fully and when I turn the switch on and push forward button I hear the click but when I press the accelerator nothing happens. I looked under the dump bed and the two controller boxes have the status lights and they blink from red to yellow. Does anybody have a clue about this, I am new to this forum so if I am in the wrong place I'm sorry, I just thought since EZ-Go owns them that this is the right place.
Buggy Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Buggy Hunter
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: HELP WITH BAD BOY BUGGY 2013 Recoil IS

When I watch the blinking controller I got one red blink and 7 yellow then 2 red and 4 yellow blinks. What does this mean?
Old 09-14-2014, 04:46 PM   #3
rco
Not Yet Wild

i was told the controller blink all times until you put tow switch off, also the for-rev switch have to be set it times out the way i was told, i just pickup a 2013 IS I'm learning to. thanks
rco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 04:50 PM   #4
rco
Not Yet Wild

i can't just get in it and take off at first it seem i have to move for-n rev switch to the position I'm going if it sit still for 3 min i have to start over its like a safety
Old 09-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #5
Buggy Hunter
Not Yet Wild

I am going to try and reset the accelerator by switching from F to N to F and check but yes when you cut the run/storage switch over to store then it cuts off controllers. Flipping it back to run cuts controllers on. I noticed the stand by lights on the controllers were blinking red and yellow and the cart would not move. I just put disc brakes all the way around because the pads were gone. My dad, bless his heart, when riding around the farm in hunting season, gets it real muddy. This is prarie mud,and he doesn't wash the wheels and brakes out and I do. But I still try to fix it myself
Old 09-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #6
rco
Not Yet Wild

how long you had yours and any problems i should be looking for i love the ride very smooth with the IS. thanks for any input
Old 09-14-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
Buggy Hunter
Not Yet Wild

I have had mine for a while, since they pretty much came out with it 2012-2013. The parking brake didn't last long and had to replace the pads. I could have been more meticulous about cleaning it every time I used it, but I have loved it for what I got it for. Turkey hunting and deer hunting, it's been great. I leave it at my farm which is over a hour away so I don't get to take as good of care of it like I would if I took it home or lived closer. Right now I'm trying to figure out why it will not run. I washed of the buggy to get the dust and other junk off and grabbed a fishing rod and drove around my lake to fish. I got back in and turned on the switch and put it in reverse and nothing happened. And nothing since then. On the controllers the red and yellow lights are flashing and I'm trying to figure out what is wrong. But other than that I have enjoyed it greatly.
Old 09-14-2014, 08:35 PM   #8
rco
Not Yet Wild

i have always had a electric cart for hunting here in mississippi I've been looking at the huntve switchback hybrid can't find many reviews but well built
Old 03-01-2015, 09:12 PM   #9
golfdock
Not Yet Wild

You have a code 74 fault. Not sure what fault that is. I still don't know how to reset it though.
golfdock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 10:22 AM   #10
jadams
Not Yet Wild

Did anyone ever find out the solution to the problem. I have the same issue with my 2014 Bad Boy Recoil IS. Solenoid clicks when you push the F/R button but the cart will not move. I checked the small post on the solenoid and I am getting 76 volts. Do i need to replace the Solenoid or is it something else?

Thanks
jadams is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO