lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-09-2019, 10:30 PM   #101
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Allied Lithium drop in batteries

Quote:
Originally Posted by yawood View Post
I'm lucky that my lead-acid batteries are only three years old so I should get at least another five years before I have to replace them. By then battery technology will probably have moved on quite a bit.
I think you are running the same (similar) US's like I had in my '07. Well documented here how they were 9+ years old, but no question I took them to the highest degree of maintenance and planned longevity. And when they went, it was FAST!!
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #102
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Not sure if this is the right place for this question but looking at the Allied Lith batteries they have the empty cases to fill the void left when going from 6 to 4 batteries. Could you put 2 more there to run a sound system on its own? Would it even run for long?

Id like to get lithium if I end up with a electric cart and the Allied have my attention if they run good and are safe.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 06:37 PM   #103
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

The problem with the Allied drop in batteries are they are expensive. I would think you would be much better off using a wet lead acid or AGM type battery to use as an accessory battery. They cost a Lot less to purchase. Of course you would need to charge these separately from your lithium batteries. From what I have read the Allied are the same size as the 12 volt batteries. So you could put two in parallel to increase your Amp hours. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:06 PM   #104
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thinking about pulling the trigger on either 60AH or 80AH Allied kit. The crowns mine came with were not maintained and only go about 8 miles...I'm a total DIYer but with 2 kids under 2 the time for the leaf setup isn't in the cards right now.
Couple of questions:

-Where's the best place to get some value out of the old cores? A wal-mart/auto parts store or something totally different?

-Consensus on charge meter? BMV712?

-Anyone using an Allied setup with stock charger? I'll probably get the Allied one but some have posted that it requires some modifications/bypass of the factory computer (this doesn't scare me just wondering if it is necessary)

-Definitely need a 48 to 12 converter? Only running lights & horn but will add radio one day. I suspect a lack of this contributed to the short life on my crowns

-If and when I upgrade Controller and motor, no issues there right? Just maybe upgraded cables?

-Does the Allied Kit come with new cables?

-What is the best way to physically remove the old batteries without squishing my fingers? I don't see handles on them or anything.

Thanks for everyone's help!

07 Precedent with 22" Tires, 14" wheels everything else factory other than replaced all lights with LED.
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 05:59 AM   #105
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'll just answer on a couple of points:

I'm a fan of the BMV712. It is great to be able to check your batteries on your phone without even lifting the seat (it also makes it easy to see what's happening as you drive). Another great point is the ability to hook the secondary input to the centre of the pack so that it constantly reads the delta between the halves. It will alarm if that goes past a pre-set amount allowing you to catch any problems early.

You can lift the heavy batteries out without squashing your fingers but it is not easy and it tests your back. Using a side lifter makes it easier (I don't like the other types of manual lifters).

I highly recommend a 48V-12V converter. That way you are pulling power from the whole back and not causing any imbalance. It is true for any type of batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg battery lifter.jpg (16.1 KB, 0 views)
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 08:35 PM   #106
dubzga
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you sir
dubzga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 07:06 PM   #107
joekapp
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have the BMV 712 smart with the allied drop ins (80ah). I am not able to really find any info on settings for the BMV. Anybody have this setup going?

joekapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:27 AM   #108
yawood
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by joekapp View Post
I have the BMV 712 smart with the allied drop ins (80ah). I am not able to really find any info on settings for the BMV. Anybody have this setup going?

NoleFan4Ever has a BMV700 with his home-grown Lithium batteries (Leaf I think). He is very smart about all that and will probably be able to advise you. If he doesn't see this you might try sending him a PM.
yawood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 02:11 PM   #109
PearlPack
Getting Wild
Club Car

Not sure if this is related to my Allied Lithium batteries or not.....but now my cart seems to be losing power in mid ride...it jerks around really bad. No loose wires that I can find. Any ideas?
PearlPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 10:12 AM   #110
ozycart
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Some people earlier had been talking about range. Now that I got my speed sensor replaced, I've been using the cart a lot more.

I have the 60ah Allied pack in a 2008 Precedent. So far this week I have driven roughly 11 miles and still have about 50% left according to the SOC meter. I'm not going to run it to zero, but will make a couple of more drives over the next couple of days and see where it's at. The SOC meter isn't super accurate.

A fair amount of the driving was with a passenger, with the windshield up (so more resistance), and a decent amount of mild hills.
ozycart is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car