lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2010, 09:44 PM   #1
BusyCornerBuggies
Not Yet Wild

Default Regen2 Cart no go

This is my first thread and I hate having to post it. I am usally pretty good a figuring out issues on any cart and if I can't figure it out I can usally find an answer by looking thru the many informative post here on BGW. I however have a cart that is literly whipping my b-hind.

I working on a 98 Club Car DS Power Drive with the Regen2 General Electric Controller. When I got the cart it would not move so the first steps i completed were to verify that the batteries were good. I did this by performing a load, hydrometer, and a voltage test of the entire pack. The batteries tested good so i proceded to test the components. As i went thru each test i found that I was not getting varible voltage (usally 3.5v to .5v as you push the accelerator) thru pin 7 of the controllers wire harness. This immediately let me to believe that i needed a new potentiometer. Put one on order and replaced. After replacement i was getting the correct voltage thru pin 7 but still was not getting any movement thru the motor. I then went on to test the output between A1 and A2 of the controller. Its been my experience that as you pust the accelerator that your voltage increases between these two terminals the further you push down the accelerator. This was not happening and all i was getting was 48v thru each A1 and A2 to ground no mater how far the accelerator was pushed down. As i never really tinkered with a Regen 2 cart before, I thought this was odd and sent the controller out to be rebuilt.

I got the controller back and reinstalled in the cart. FSIP informed me that indeed i had a burnt controller. So I feel confident that this is going to work, but it didn't. At this point there is only one other thing left in this equation. I performed an contunituity test between A1 and A2 and also between F1 and F2. I found that i had no contunitunity between the two fields F1 and F2. Pulled the motor and found that someone had twisted the teriminal on the F2 post and broke the wire inside the motor. I took the motor to my local electrical motor repair shop and got it fixed. Reinstalled the motor and was feeling confident that i would be running again. Still nothing.

Now if you are still awake after reading my long story about this cart the one thing that keeps puzzling me is that i am still getting the same readings out of the controller as i was before i sent it for repair. I get 48v between A1 and ground and 48v between A2 and ground but nothing between the two. Its almost like there is a collision of voltage taking place in the motor. I have to feel like my controller is good because i did get it rebuilt.

Can anyone share any wisdom on what is wrong and what else i may be overlooking? Thanks
BusyCornerBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car