lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-21-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
JRL
Gone Wild

Default Yamaha G2 Lift on Hyundai G2

FWIW, a Yamaha G2 Jakes 6" lift fits a Hyundai G2. Just installed same on my cart. I didn't use the rear lift parts...used a set of Suzuki Eiger shocks, and they fit like they were indended for a Hyundai G2. They may prove to be a little stiff...? Found the kingpins and all metal parts in excellent condition. Figured I'd have to beat the things apart...not so. The rubber parts are deteriorated. Have see about buying some new ones.
One item that doesn't fit is the 25X10X12 rear tires that I bought. Thought that I could squeeze them into the wheel openings...but it ain't gonna happen. 22" is about as large as will fit with a 6" lift.
Here's a couple of pix to see what's happenin....
One other thing that won't work is a Grant steering wheel adaptor for a Yamaha G2. The shaft on the Hyundai is much larger than the adapter. The adaptor fits my Rhino...but not the Hyundai. Seems to be two different adaptors for Yamaha, but the seller assures me that they all interchange from '79 to date..?
If any of you lucky Hyundai owners have questions on Hyundies, let me know...about to figure out a good bit on these ******* carts...
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1815.JPG (144.5 KB, 54 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1816.JPG (139.7 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1817.JPG (165.9 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1820.JPG (129.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1819.JPG (131.6 KB, 61 views)
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2011, 07:05 AM   #2
HyperMotive Racing
Getting Wild

Default Re: Yamaha G2 Lift on Hyundai G2

Thats definitely not a Yamaha G2 rear...
HyperMotive Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 06:05 PM   #3
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMotive Racing View Post
Thats definitely not a Yamaha G2 rear...
Nope. It ain't a Yamaha G2. It's a '92 Hyundai "G2"...or if you're talking about the diff, that's a Dana as vendored to Hyundai for the gas powered carts. Common enough transaxle. Hyundai carts are clearly not common.
The point of the post was to show Hyundai owners that Yamaha G2 lift kits will fit a G2 Hyundai.
Occasionally, I might post a question about a Yamaha G2, that's because a lot of stuff interchanges between the two. Asking a question about a Hyundai cart is garunteed to get 0 responses. I've posted pix of the Hyundai with a question and the only reponses generated were folk telling me that it isn't a Yamaha.....? Yeah. Right...?!
Yamaha and Hyundai either collaborated, or Hyundai knocked off a Yamaha G2 chassis for their design. All of the chassis running gear fitments are the same between the two. The frames are considerably different, but the suspension parts are identical.
Yamaha has done all sorts of collaboration with the Koreans (Hyundai), Ford Motor Corp (Taurus SHO engine), Chinese (ATV and motorcycle engines), music product, and outboard motors. Mariner and Merc branded Yamaha's were common for years.
Unless someone wants pain, I'd recommend avoiding any oddball (especially Hyundai) carts. There are a lot of parts that interchange to Hyundai, but figuring out what fits is a PITA. I've been lucky with my "freebie" cart because it's in remarkably good condition. Most wouldn't be worth burying.
Alas, I prattle. Even though I typically answer a lot of my own questions, this board is a great source of information...just got to farm it!
JR
Old 08-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
JRL
Gone Wild

The Duro 25X10/12 Scorchers won't fit a Yamaha G2 (or Hyundai G2) without serious changes to the running boards and inner fenders.
A set of Sahara 22X11/12 fit just right. These are probably better tires for wet grass and typical golf cart use anyway. These are mounted on 12X8.5 rims. And, rather than rear Jake's lift stuff that came with the Jakes lift kit, I used a pair of Suzuki Eiger rear shocks. They are "bolt-in" and match the front Jake's 6" lift. A little harsh unless you plan a rear seat. With a load on the rear, they are good.
Tire issue is layed to rest.
JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Golf Cart Running.jpg (163.3 KB, 22 views)
Old 08-13-2011, 11:31 PM   #5
JRL
Gone Wild

Here's some more pix of the (Antimatter Yamaha G2)... or otherwise known as a Hyundai G2. Has Jakes lift 6" Yamaha lift works fine that is designed for Yamaha G2.
Used rear stock Suzuki Eigher shocks on the rear of the cart. No kit required. Direct bolt-in.
Not all of the body has been replaced. Got to paint it. Unit has 7X12" rims, front, 8.5 X 12" rims on rear. 6" Jakes lift, 215/50X12 fronts and 22X11X12 rear tires. The ride height is perfect, and it drives well.
Best, JR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0104.jpg (111.8 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0105.jpg (102.8 KB, 25 views)
Old 09-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #6
mccoy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

another hyundai gc from philippines..... hope you like it sir JRL...
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater

Last edited by mccoy; 09-14-2011 at 07:38 PM.. Reason: the image does not appear
mccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #7
JRL
Gone Wild

That's interesting! Looks identical to mine.
Where did the roll bar come from? Looks like SS? Boat T top tubing?
Did you use ATV adaptors for the wheels? How does it drive with the big front tires?
JR
Old 12-06-2011, 01:56 PM   #8
Antinori32
Not Yet Wild

Hey,
can you contact me. I have a Hyundai golf cart & my mechanic thinks Im crazy. I need some parts & he's not sure what will work.
Your post are a great source of info, but Im not sure I can convey what you are saying about compatablity.

Thanks
Antinori32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:22 PM   #9
hyundaiguy
Not Yet Wild

hey JRL,
what engine do you have in your Hyundai, I have a '91 gas Hyundai with the Suzuki. thinking about parting the Suzuki, did it require a fair amount of fabricating?
hyundaiguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:03 AM   #10
Mikebiz2000
Not Yet Wild

what rear sprocket are you running and how does it run? thats where im at on mounting my engine trying to deside if i need to run a jackshaft.
Mikebiz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps