lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2021, 05:27 PM   #1
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Cart not going

Hey guys, I've been working on a complete re-build.

I finally wrapped up the wiring today, I have replaced the controller, solenoid, f/r level.

The cart was originally a 36v 2001 TXT with the F/R lever.

I bought the AllTrax controller, heavy duty solenoid and the conversion kit to remove the lever and install a switch, as well as upgraded to 48v. I double checked the wiring and everything is correct.

The solenoid clicks when I press the pedal and 4 green lights to a solid green come up on the All-Trax. The cart does not move in either F or R. Upon first test it jolted quickly and then does not respond any more.

Doing some testing the solenoid originally clicked a few times while the pedal was pressed and I would get a red light on AllTrax but it cannot repeat that now.

Voltage is at 50v, and the is charging as we speak. Maybe voltage is too low?

Where should I meter to make sure everything is working correctly?
adrianp89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2021, 05:46 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Cart not going

Hook up your laptop to the Alltrax and collect a data log. That will tell you what's going on.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 08:39 AM   #3
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Running into a few thing so far while troubleshooting:

"The throttle signal should start at 10 V and go down to 6 V." - My throttle starts at about 7.85v, not sure if this is a big deal or not.

"CHECKING CONTROLLER INPUT

Connect (-) probe to B- terminal. Connect (+) probe to B+ terminal.

The reading should indicate approx. 0 volts with the resistor REMOVED and the pedal not pressed in the last 15-30 minutes.

CHECKING CONTROLLER OUTPUT

Slowly depress accelerator pedal until the solenoid engages. Watch the voltmeter.
The reading should show the battery pack voltage. Now slowly depress the pedal and watch the reading, it should go down to nearly 0 volts. "

Voltage stays the same when I depress the pedal.

"Voltmeter testing from M- to B+ (with F/R in F). The voltage should go from Zero when solenoid clicks to full pack voltage when pedal is on floor.

The voltage between M- and B+ with pedal down should match the voltage between the B- and B+ terminals on the controller with the pedal down.

If those two voltage don't match, either the controller isn't being told to open up fully (throttle issue) or the controller isn't doing what it is being told to do. (Bad controller)"

Voltage is pack voltage at all times.

I guess next step is hook it up to laptop like you said.
Old 10-24-2021, 08:52 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The Alltrax has a status LED that will give a trouble code when the cart will not go. What is that code?
You mentioned earlier it shows 4 green (blinks) when the solenoid clicks indicating it is set for Ezgo ITS.
Be sure to check the under and over voltage in the controller is set for the 48v range. Typically 38v under and 60v over

With regards to the jolt then no go. Sounds like a bad connection in the high amperage cables. Recheck that all connections are snug.

Post some pictures of the installation and components. No closeups, we can all zoom in. Maybe we can see something obvious.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Well I am an idiot lol. I triple checked the wires and found Two wires at the motor were not correct. Fixed that and we are good to go. Hopefully no damage done, it took me an extra 2 hours of troubleshooting but I learned how the cart works and what to check for future issues, so time well spent IMO.
Old 10-25-2021, 03:02 PM   #6
adrianp89
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
The Alltrax has a status LED that will give a trouble code when the cart will not go. What is that code?
You mentioned earlier it shows 4 green (blinks) when the solenoid clicks indicating it is set for Ezgo ITS.
Be sure to check the under and over voltage in the controller is set for the 48v range. Typically 38v under and 60v over

With regards to the jolt then no go. Sounds like a bad connection in the high amperage cables. Recheck that all connections are snug.

Post some pictures of the installation and components. No closeups, we can all zoom in. Maybe we can see something obvious.
What MPH should I expect with the stock 36v motor the and the 500 amp controller with 23" off road tires? Downloaded a GPS app and get about 18mph.... seems plenty fast but not sure what I should expect with the factory motor.

Also what should the voltage drop to while under load?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO