lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-22-2021, 03:08 PM   #1
bricks
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default What would you do question about batteries

Short story-I have a 2010 PDS that I replaced the batteries on in 12/19.
Went with Trojan 105's. Due to my stupidity and laziness, I haven't always checked the water levels like I know I should have. At one time when I checked them, the level was below the plates, and I don't honestly know how long I ran them like that. Please don't chastise me! I know I screwed up! The cart seems to be starting to slow down a bit before I finish 18 holes. I play golf at least 4 days a week, and sometimes 5 days a week, and have done that for the last year and a half. It looks like I may only get about 2 years usage out of this set of batteries.

Cart is in decent shape, and has AllTrax controller and HD solenoid from ScottyB. So here is the question. At age 69, with arthritis starting to get a hold of my knees, I don't know how many more years I will feel like playing 4 or 5 days a week. I have thought about lithium, but don't know if it would be worth the investment given the unknown about how long I will continue to play. Would you spend the extra money and go lithium, or just go back with regular lead plate batteries? If going back to regular, would you suggest going to 42V or 48V, or just keep it at 36V and ride it out??

Thanks in advance!
bricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-22-2021, 03:45 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: What would you do question about batteries

I would get a DVM and check your batteries pack voltage after they have been fully charged and sat overnight. Then get a reading on each battery. Go golfing and as soon as you get back home do these readings again. You might find out you have a bad battery in your pack who knows.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 04:46 PM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What would you do question about batteries

Charge batteries overnight and let them rest until about noon the next day.

Check the battery pack voltage and the individual battery voltages.

Attached is a SoC chart for Trojan brand batteries.

----------------
You did damage your batteries by letting the plates get exposed, but you might be able to rejuvenate them a little by doing several back-to-back (aka equalization) charges.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SoC vs Voltage - Trojan Battery.JPG (56.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO