lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2021, 05:38 PM   #1
97windsor
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default 1997 Electric Club Car DS Recondition With Motor Electronics Upgrade

Hi,

I'm not new to the forum but this is my first post. I used the info on here to help me with the restoration of a 97 Club Car DS. Thanks to all who posted and provided info for my build.

A huge thank you goes to David at Revolution Golf Carts in Augusta Ga. I purchased my power train electronics from him. During the install he answered many calls/text from me instantly or within minutes of the call. Very high customer service from Revolution Golf carts and David the owner.

Another big help during this rebuild was Daryl at Classy Carts in Wooster Ohio. I'm not sure he's on this forum but he's a really talented guy who hand builds custom Golf Carts into semis or whatever the customer wants. He builds one of a kind units. He even has a 50mph wheel stander cart he takes to races or events.

Thanks to all on here who post. Your posts don't go unnoticed. I was able to read posts and solve many minor and major problems from those who posted the resolution to the same situation I was in. Kudos to David and Daryl. When I did need to discuss something i was struggling with they helped a bunch. I enjoyed and learned a lot during this restoration.

I started with this cosmetically good 97 Club Car 48 volt not running. My father in law got this cart put new Trojan 875's in it about 1.5 years ago and never got it running. It sat for 1.5 years. The batteries were dead when I got it. Not enough to start the charger. Was able to charge each one separate a little bit and get the main charger to start. Still won't run.

Installed Level 7 upgrade kit form David at Revolution Golf Carts. The package I ordered included a big cable kit, HD solenoid and wiring harness, 600kw A/C motor, controller and gas pedal conversion. David makes a nice pkg/recommendation that provides everything needed. Added SS steering wheels, SS 10' Vampire wheels, Arisun tires, Windshield, mirror, Fuel gauge, brakes/cables, front end parts diff. fluid, got lights working etc. Buffed and waxed body. Cleaned all plastic/rubber and treated to look as good as it can for 24 yrs old.

Removed the roof framework and painted each piece seperately. Painted trim around front compartments, rear bumper under carrige mounts, hitch, shackles and springs. All painted.

Fabricated a cross brace at the hinge of the windshield. The speed of this cart now was bowing the center of the windshield in severely. The piece completely solved that issue.

Buffed lots of aluminum, all that wasn't painted. Replaced all roof hardware with stainless and ground the numbers off and polished each bolt to look like chrome.

After lots of elbow grease and about $4700.00 invested it's ready to go to Orlando Rv Resort in Clermont Fl. this winter. So looking forward to Jan - May being there.

I now have a cart that goes 33mph flat road windshield up. I have the speed set to max 35. Went down a slight hill and the regen came on at 35 to hold back. 35 is plenty on my cart. That's moving on a golf cart. LOL I have plenty more pictures the forum allows only 5 per post. Thanks again to everyone for the help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210919_173021.jpg (222.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210915_140512.jpg (224.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210927_172601.jpg (220.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210925_151015.jpg (220.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20211001_184553.jpg (225.0 KB, 0 views)
97windsor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides