lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2021, 03:11 PM   #1
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Default Lights DON'T work, HELP!!!!!

Hey Guys, I am about to pull my hair out, Yamaha electric golf cart lights not working. I have rewired all the wires, but not getting any light. I have a pic showing the wiring and light switch, but here is how I have it.

I have a wire running across from the two back lights, then I tapped into that running to the front lights. I have the red wire with the fuse from the switch going into the positive terminal. The green and other red wire is tapped into the wires from the rear lights. This configuration is not working any of the lights.

Any help would be much appreciated

thanks

-d
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2820.jpg (233.1 KB, 0 views)
atl944 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2021, 08:50 PM   #2
meimk
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Lights DON'T work, HELP!!!!!

What is the ground (-) path for the light circuit? Reme.ber for it to work the - side of the circuit needs to.come back to.the battery before your + connection. It.can not.go.to.the frame of the cart.

Last edited by meimk; 10-10-2021 at 08:56 PM.. Reason: More Info
meimk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 07:13 AM   #3
atl944
Not Yet Wild

Hi and thanks for the reply....

If you look at the pic, the left side...there is a green and red wire, the green wire is tapped into the negative light wire that goes back to the switch, The red one is also tapped into the positive light wire and is connected to the battery negative. Hope this helps. If there is a better way to do this I am open. I just need the front and back lights to come on when I use the switch.

thanks again
Old 10-11-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Try this: (modify it to fit your exact need for proper voltage to your lights)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled-1.jpg (66.8 KB, 0 views)
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 02:03 PM   #5
atl944
Not Yet Wild

thanks half fast, so it looks like you are wiring to three batteries? The center one looks like the first battery in the chain, can you confirm.

thanks again
Old 10-11-2021, 04:40 PM   #6
Half Vast
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by atl944 View Post
thanks half fast, so it looks like you are wiring to three batteries? The center one looks like the first battery in the chain, can you confirm.

thanks again
My mistake. Forgot to add the words to the bottom blocks. Replaced the drawing labeling the lights (front and back).

Should make better sense now. Sorry for the confusion.
Half Vast is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, yamaha
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha