lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-11-2021, 03:24 PM   #1
keepinitreal538
Not Yet Wild

Default OBC 6 pin vs 3 pin

Hello, I was searching the threads but couldn't find anything on the topic. I have a OBC that is the 6 pin and my wiring harness and controller are for the 3 pin... is there a way to convert the 6 pin to a 3 pin? or do i need to buy 3 pin? I really want to do this as cheap as possible. I know i could buy a new charger and bypass it completely but i know the OBC works its just a 6 pin and i need a 3. any help would be great Thanks you.
keepinitreal538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-11-2021, 04:08 PM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: OBC 6 pin vs 3 pin

Yes it can work.
Red wire is 48v constant in from the solenoid + side (same as battery pack positive). You need this for the OBC to function. The red wire in your 3 pin harness harness should already be in the proper place, but verify that it goes to the solenoid + post where the B+ cable is connected. Put a 10 amp fuse on this wire if one is not present.
Brown wire goes to the battery warning lamp. This can be connected to the existing brown wire in the harness.
The yellow wire from your 3 pin plug needs to go to B- post on the controller.

In the 6 pin OBC harness.
White wire would normally be 48V switch from the Tow Run switch, but you do not have that, and don't need one. This should not be necessary for the OBC to work, but it does serve as a wake-up function of sorts. Leave it disconnected. IF for some reason the OBC doesn't work, then connect this to the Red wire.
Blue, Yellow, and Green wires are not needed.

Grey wire goes to the Charge receptacle yellow fuse holder.
Connect long black wire to charge receptacle negative post.
Short black wire to B- terminal on the controller.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car