lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-30-2021, 12:51 PM   #1
grstibor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Jake's Long Travel Adjustability

All right, I've learned you all always have answers. This one should be easy.

The Jake's Long Travel part number 16-6239 states that it has "adjustable coil-overs to allow for tailored ride height". Sooooo, what is the minimum and maximum heights I can adjust it to?

Second question, let's say the minimum height is 4". Looking at the kit it has only one set of spacer blocks for the rear. Will this cause the cart to sit uneven if I have the front adjusted to the 4" minimum?

I cannot find it anywhere nor get email responses. Thanks in advance.
grstibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-30-2021, 03:58 PM   #2
doo dah
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jake's Long Travel Adjustability

I can't help you 100% but will give you my experience with the LT kit on my cart. I have Fox coilovers so depending on how spring rate compares between them and the Jakes could be a big difference. I had mine set on the max lift which I think is 8" and the front sat a tad high but once 2 or more people sat in the cart it was level. I have a TXT so the rear is just a flip kit with no block, I could probably add a block but for the most part it rides level. If you go 4" you might be higher in the rear with blocks. I played with coilover positioning on the frame and spring adjustment quite a bit before I found the least amount of stress for the max amount of lift with the best ride and it was all just trial and error.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 09:00 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Basically LT coil over front shocks are "pre load" adjustable. "Pre Load" is force applied against the spring via a threaded adjuster nut. The more you tighten the nut, the more you compress the spring, and the more pre load you apply. More pre load will raise the ride height and stiffen the ride slightly. In theory, if you have a threaded adjuster, the increments are infinite between what the Jakes specs are, say between 4" of lift and 8" of lift. Yes this will only be for the front. I don't believe the rears are adjustable at all. If you had an LT rear kit, it would also have adjustable coil overs, but I don't think they make that kit anymore.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 10:29 AM   #4
grstibor
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Slonomo/Doo Dah, solid advice. I think this may be the way to go. Thank you!
grstibor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 03:07 PM   #5
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Could you post some pics of the cart in the underneath with the lift?
Thanks
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts