lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Operation Beat the Neighbor BUILD

Short and sweet to the point. I live in a neighborhood with roughly a 65% population of Cart owners. We moved in a little under a year ago, i got the cart at the beginning of the summer, and now September it is time to out do some neighbors.

Overall i am a bone stock 2013 Precedent 48v 6x8v.

mods in order (before the thread began)
• Rear flip seat
• 5 pannel rear mirror
• Flow-rite battery watering system
• battery meter in the factory location (not very happy with the performance of this particular one)
• front placard in metallic silver of our family name to distinguish ours from the rest at the pool.
• LED head light with rear lights. (regretting not getting the full blinker setup) will be upgraded to a brake and blinker setup asap
• State Farm insurance
• SCDOT street legal registration (signals and horn will be upgraded before it leaves the neighborhood) as i have a driving range and 2 courses within my allotted 4 mile range of the house with correct speed limit roads. In addition multiple restaurants.

AS i am making this post i am installing an Alltrax XCT400, 200a solenoid, 1awg welding cables with solid copper luggs, 3 map switch under the dash.

under dash 3 personality switch is hidden from view and replaces the factory port. The hole was reamed out with a stepper drill bit. The port 4 wires were reduced to 3 so that the switch can talk to the xct400 controller. A 3 pin connector was pinned and connected to the controller.

MORE TO COME
jdpber is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2018, 09:10 PM   #2
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Operation Beat the Neighbor BUILD

So where in SC is the cart community. I'm jealous.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 10:39 PM   #3
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter99 View Post
So where in SC is the cart community. I'm jealous.
Greenville. When we moved in I knew there were carts as there were parking spaces and a cart only path near the clubhouse. It was not until months later that I discovered that so many neighbors have them.

In addition I think I pass 5 or 6 dealerships, one EZgo factory dealer, one Club dealers and a couple reverb and custom shops over the 30 minute drive to my office at the lake.

So one could say that this region has its fair share of carts.

The neighborhood is having a Halloween cart parade decor contest. Talk of a Christmas parade also.
Old 09-20-2018, 09:15 AM   #4
Unforgiven
Feral

Mixed Breed

I think instead of keeping up with the Jones' you will pass the Jones'
Unforgiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 10:43 AM   #5
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unforgiven View Post
I think instead of keeping up with the Jones' you will pass the Jones'
100% the plan. my 3 year old always says "lets go super fast" so I hope that he approves
Old 09-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #6
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpber View Post
Greenville. When we moved in I knew there were carts as there were parking spaces and a cart only path near the clubhouse. It was not until months later that I discovered that so many neighbors have them.

In addition I think I pass 5 or 6 dealerships, one EZgo factory dealer, one Club dealers and a couple reverb and custom shops over the 30 minute drive to my office at the lake.

So one could say that this region has its fair share of carts.

The neighborhood is having a Halloween cart parade decor contest. Talk of a Christmas parade also.
That's awesome.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 11:53 AM   #7
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well she is in, cables re routed in the battery compartment it make it cleaner, (forgot to take a picture).

I drilled 4 small holes under the 4 panel tabs so that a zip tie could pass thru the hole and up and around the existing tab hole. I did this for a little bit of added security as i did not feel that the tabs mad a secure mount. Also they are super easy to cut in the future.

Old 10-04-2018, 08:41 AM   #8
jdpber
Getting Wild

Club Car

So far i am loving the new setup. As my 3 year old says (its super fast).

The cart is running a hair over 21mph which is a great improvement from the 13 that i was getting before. I no longer struggle on the hills as bad. Though one is about a 12% grade so i slow down but it is only to about 15.

Old 10-04-2018, 10:21 AM   #9
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Well you have gone this far, time for the Motorola motor to get you past 21...
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 04:40 PM   #10
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpber View Post
Short and sweet to the point. I live in a neighborhood with roughly a 65% population of Cart owners. We moved in a little under a year ago, i got the cart at the beginning of the summer, and now September it is time to out do some neighbors.

Overall i am a bone stock 2013 Precedent 48v 6x8v.

mods in order (before the thread began)
• Rear flip seat
• 5 pannel rear mirror
• Flow-rite battery watering system
• battery meter in the factory location (not very happy with the performance of this particular one)
• front placard in metallic silver of our family name to distinguish ours from the rest at the pool.
• LED head light with rear lights. (regretting not getting the full blinker setup) will be upgraded to a brake and blinker setup asap
• State Farm insurance
• SCDOT street legal registration (signals and horn will be upgraded before it leaves the neighborhood) as i have a driving range and 2 courses within my allotted 4 mile range of the house with correct speed limit roads. In addition multiple restaurants.

AS i am making this post i am installing an Alltrax XCT400, 200a solenoid, 1awg welding cables with solid copper luggs, 3 map switch under the dash.

under dash 3 personality switch is hidden from view and replaces the factory port. The hole was reamed out with a stepper drill bit. The port 4 wires were reduced to 3 so that the switch can talk to the xct400 controller. A 3 pin connector was pinned and connected to the controller.

MORE TO COME
Dude I need some info on this personality switch!! Where did you find the documentation on how to wire it? Awesom build so far!![emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides