lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2021, 10:26 AM   #11
ADSFR075
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Trail Tech Multi Function Meter Owners Manual

Good to know. I'll try that this weekend.
ADSFR075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2021, 10:30 AM   #12
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

thats pretty messed up to sell you something then not support it
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 06:53 PM   #13
Dick Davis
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
I have the installation instructions if you think that will help. Here is a picture. Are we talking about the same thing?
Can you send me the installation instructions?
Dick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 04:45 AM   #14
Kimz
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

could anyone post the instruction manual to install the trail tech meter please?
Kimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 02:04 PM   #15
STLDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Hey All,
I have the Trail Tech Multi-Function Meter Kit (GCA-J0D18-00-00) instructions and User Guide, direct from Yamaha (800-962-7926). Is there a place that we can upload these for this community since the attachment limit is 19.5K?

I just bought this, will let you know how it goes. Since my Fleet has the Rhox blinker kit, it won't be quite as plug and play as it would have been with the PTV's Yamaha factory lights.
STLDrive2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2021, 09:05 AM   #16
STLDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Update: The install went well and everything functions properly. I wanted to point out a few things.

I knew going in that if I had the factory Yamaha headlight and blinker harness, it would have all been plug and play. Since I have the Rhox kit, none of the LCD's connections to the cart were. And even with the instructions, the Trail Tech LCD's wiring harness is not really labeled, specifically two plugs that I will detail below. The previously installed Rhox kit had a lot of extra wires (which are nicely labeled by Rhox) for things like auxiliary turn signals, which I utilized for this LCD install:

LCD Wiring harness details:
Red - 12v power to the TT LCD, which I tied to the cart's key switch brown wire. The red wire is very high gauge, so I'm not worried about the current draw.
Black - Tied to a spare ground wire in the Rhox harness

Single gray in 3 pin plug (see pic) - Incoming 12v for the LCD's right blinker LED. I tied this to the Rhox's Aux passenger side blinker wire.
Single gray in 3 pin plug (with purple wire) (see pic) - Incoming 12v for left blinker LED. I tied this to the Rhox Aux driver side blinker wire.
Purple wire in 3 pin plug (with gray wire) (see pic) - Incoming 12v for the switched on headlight LED.

The rest of the LCD mounting, wiring, and instructions are clear enough. The mounted LCD pic below is in hazard flasher mode with the headlights on, to show everything illuminated.

One note on the wheel sensor/magnet for the speedo: I had to adjust the bolt/sensor (they are a combo), which is mounted to the wheel hub, a few extra turns away from the magnet (which goes on the wheel), before the speedo started working properly. The two needed a bigger gap between them, than I expected.

I'm happy to answer any questions or clarify anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg LCD installed.jpg (228.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg LCD blinker-headlight wires.jpg (318.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-09-2021, 09:06 AM   #17
STLDrive2
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLDrive2 View Post
Hey All,
I have the Trail Tech Multi-Function Meter Kit (GCA-J0D18-00-00) instructions and User Guide, direct from Yamaha (800-962-7926). Is there a place that we can upload these for this community since the attachment limit is 19.5K?

I just bought this, will let you know how it goes. Since my Fleet has the Rhox blinker kit, it won't be quite as plug and play as it would have been with the PTV's Yamaha factory lights.
Install files attached. Not sure why it didn't work before.
Old 10-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #18
DRV2_efi_guy
Not Yet Wild

Did anyone ever come up with the actual instructions? I have just received the same part without instructions. All I see from rcstacy is a picture. Not sure if its not loading correctly for me or what. Possibly a picture of the install instructions would be appreciated.
DRV2_efi_guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:31 PM   #19
GolfCarJediMaster
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRV2_efi_guy View Post
Did anyone ever come up with the actual instructions? I have just received the same part without instructions. All I see from rcstacy is a picture. Not sure if its not loading correctly for me or what. Possibly a picture of the install instructions would be appreciated.
If you call Yamaha Customer Relations at 800-962-7926, they can provide instructions. Contrary to some posts above, instructions exist and Yamaha does support.
GolfCarJediMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 09:34 AM   #20
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfCarJediMaster View Post
If you call Yamaha Customer Relations at 800-962-7926, they can provide instructions. Contrary to some posts above, instructions exist and Yamaha does support.
what kind of support is that buying parts with no setup instructions. instead call this 800 number and wait
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha