lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides
Members Rides Golf Carts Only.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2021, 03:47 AM   #1
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Default lowered Club Car D/S

Hey Ya'll i'm new to the forum just sharing a few pics of my club car d/s 48 volt conversion shes about 3" off the ground but i have all in place to go lower when its done with final mockup, narrowed the rear by using a short axel and tube from a donor cart then narrowed the frame rails by using ratchet straps to bring them closer together and then x measure to make sure they are squared with the front of the cart, rear suspension is solid mount but the turf saver tires ride smooth, stock club car front suspension was just reconfigured to ride lower and relocatee the rack to adjust for driver
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF1722.jpg (227.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1709.jpg (214.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1694.jpg (217.2 KB, 0 views)
CustomCurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #2
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Default Re: lowered Club Car D/S

Cool!! Where are you located?
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2021, 10:44 AM   #3
kenhouser
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

did you clock the motor down?
if so, would that screw up where the diff oil/dope lives?
looks like the diff oil will end up in the motor
if not never mind :)
kenhouser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2021, 11:58 PM   #4
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

I actually found a 57 chevy body in pretty terrible shape, and after some thinking decided I didnt want to ride on a cool golf cart,made a complete rear subframe, stood the motor up on top where it belongs, reclocked the brake backing plates,moved all the batteries to the rear so i could sit down inside it. in one of the pictures it shows a keystone classic wheelcover i am looking for 3 of them and 3 of the cragar wheelcovers 8" it can be 1 at a time or a full set but looking for them to be in really nice shape I am in floral city florida
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stWC9066-2.jpg (12.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2080.jpg (208.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2079.jpg (210.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1995.jpg (208.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 12:13 AM   #5
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakko47 View Post
Cool!! Where are you located?
floral city about 3 miles south of the citrus county speedway/stock car racing track I play with painting and bodywork if 40 years of it constitutes playing :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2052.jpg (225.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2074.jpg (201.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2059.jpg (214.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1825.jpg (226.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF1974.jpg (229.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-21-2021, 10:18 PM   #6
cstober
Getting Wild

That 57 Chevy body will look really cool all lowered down!
cstober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 09:06 PM   #7
Wakko47
Gone Loco

Club Car

Wheelies!
Wakko47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 08:51 PM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Any work on the 57 yet?

Please post photos when you do.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 04:59 AM   #9
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

will do, it's been too cold to fool with body work so i have been playing with the ULB/Caroche build and the other two caroche's we had carts all out saturday evening,joey the wrench called me out on my caroche with his and he got spanked, miss carrie AKA Trojan Ma'am called him out yesterday with her D/S and he didnt bring his D/S with him and the whining began after he decide to play tech man and cried about the massive rear tires I installed on her cart late friday night after re arching her springs to get tire clearance then he whined cause I tossed her a couple of 8 volt batteries in the middle of her battery pack, so I tossed a pair of 8 volt trojans in his battery pack for the next round and V Glide showed up with his early model D/S to join in for round 2 but he forgot to charge his batteries last night, he took the early lead but squared the corner and trojan Maam got by him with joey the wrench in hot pursuit, I had laid back on the start to capitolize on a clean first corner and ended up with a good amount of momentum coming off turn 1to make the pass heading onto the straightaway and gained some ground on the leaders.heading into the sweeping turn 2 V Glide went wide and I was able to cut the corner clean and make the pass with Trojan Ma'am about a cart length ahead, she headed into turn 3 and squared it off and about 2 houses after turn 3 I was able to make the pass to head into turn 4 and take the checkers :) Round 2 Race results 1st KirkeyDawg 1980 caroche 2nd Trojan Ma'am 1994 D/S 3rd V Glide 1981 D/S 4th Joey Da Wrench 1979 caroche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooncarter View Post
Any work on the 57 yet?

Please post photos when you do.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:51 PM   #10
CustomCurt
Gone Wild

So I got back to doing some body work this last week or so the weather has been good, had to repair a front clip on a guys mustang cart and had the caroche d/s in primer and got the grill in it and looking good so I figured time to drag the raggedy 57 in and get her roughed in and primed so I could pencil in the bad spotsI should probably run this think over with the tow truck and be rid of it but that would only be fun for a little while, anyway heres a few pics and they do no justice to how bad this thing really is
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2367.jpg (126.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2368.jpg (91.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2369.jpg (92.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2371.jpg (86.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSCF2372.jpg (134.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Members Rides