lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2020, 05:15 AM   #1
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Crown battery charging profile

Just completing a 36-48 volt conversion on my EZGO TXT and installed Crown CR165 8 volt batteries. Does anybody know what the charging profile settings are when using a DPI Accusense battery charger? The model number is 1-48017-04 if that makes a difference. I have looked all over and can't find the suggested settings for this model of battery and I even looked on their website with no results.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2020, 09:43 AM   #2
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Default Re: Crown battery charging profile

They are very responsive if you email or call them. I’ll try and look at mine but I am not sure if I have the same battery.
sigfla45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:47 AM   #3
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Ok, sorry mine are Crown CR-190's and I use mode 4. If you email them they will respond though. If you haven't found it they do have a reference chart on their web site.
Old 10-18-2020, 09:57 AM   #4
sigfla45
Gone Wild

I went back to the website to find the old chart. They used to have a much longer .pdf chart of modes and batteries that was posted outside of the list on the manual. The website has changed but even when I found a link to the older page the chart .pdf wasn't there. I don't know why they got rid of that but it was certainly much longer than the short list they have in the manual .pdf. In any case email them or call Monday and I assure they can help. I had the same problem with my batteries bot being listed and they sent me the mode.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:43 AM   #5
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks for your reply, I've had the same luck. My accusense has the little rubber cover you open and has 5 switches in a vertical arrangement. Doesn't have different modes as a list.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:50 AM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I used mode 4 on my crown cr 190s. They are 6.5 years old now and showing signs of age but not done yet. I can still cruise more than 10 miles on pavement without stressing them. I would think cr 165s would use the same mode as the different modes are related to finishing and float voltage and not capacity far as I know.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
Thanks for your reply, I've had the same luck. My accusense has the little rubber cover you open and has 5 switches in a vertical arrangement. Doesn't have different modes as a list.
Sounds like a gen IV charger. Mine is gen III. Don't think the gen IV floats. There have been threads about the gen IVs in the past. Have to search.
Old 10-18-2020, 10:57 AM   #8
sigfla45
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
The manual should show a list of batteries and the dip switch configuration. I know the older web page had a much longer and more extensive list of batteries and the corresponding mode. I assume you are mode 4 also but that would be a pure guess.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:05 AM   #9
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

sigfla is correct but as I recall when the gen IVs appeared the manual was incorrect. The dip switches were vertical and the manual showed them horizontal or vice versa. I can't remember. Anyway, there was controversy and extensive threads about it here for awhile. If you can find the old threads your answer will probably be there.
Old 10-18-2020, 11:07 AM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Is this the list?
http://www.dpipower.com/store/index....cal-questions/
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO