lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-11-2020, 01:05 PM   #21
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Triumph club car

The donor vehicles. I currently have the engine sitting inside the cart just not attached yet as I was waiting to decide what to do with a rear axle. My tig welding isn’t the best but the cart was cheap with no engine.
Mrider7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-11-2020, 01:09 PM   #22
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Sorry to not post everything at once. But the only thing I’m unsure of is if the rear end set up will hold up to the 120hp As the stock hp on the quad is only like 56.
Old 01-11-2020, 06:58 PM   #23
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrider7 View Post
Sorry to not post everything at once. But the only thing I’m unsure of is if the rear end set up will hold up to the 120hp As the stock hp on the quad is only like 56.
It'll hold up good enough. All new bearings and bushings. Remember that your butt will be sitting on top of the engine. You'll never use that 120 hp. You won't want to. Be sure and figure out sprocket offset and chain length. The chain is the weak link. Probably 525 or some such. Keep fresh and HD and it'll be good. Could always go to 630. I'd repair the outlaw motor and use that drivetrain intact. A long wheelbase makes for a straight driving cart. Stock cart WB is pretty sketchy.
Rifter got some nice toys!
Early front suspension test fit. Worked out well. Kaw KVF700.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
JRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 09:21 PM   #24
JRL
Gone Wild

Who turned my cart on its side?
[emoji33]

Old 01-11-2020, 09:24 PM   #25
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

You’ve got a nice build jrl. Like the idea of 4wd. I’m thinking extend wheelbase for sure but I do want a rear seat as I do a lot of camping. I’ve always liked different... and plus people have told me I couldn’t do it so it’s a little bit of a challenge. Plus you guys inspire me that I’m not the only one crazy enough to do it. Really some great info on here. It crossed my mind to not do this and fix the quad but really it’s not worth it it needs basically a whole engine. This triumph engine only has a couple thousand miles. Worse come to worse I’ll put a live axle back there just thought all around independent suspension would be nice
Old 01-12-2020, 05:03 PM   #26
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Nice project- looking forward to pictures
Rifter, is that an early sixties Falcon? Just a quess
1962 Base Falcon, I started out cutting the whole bottom out and building a full chassis big tire car. 408 Stroker, FTI C4, 9 inch with 4.56 and a full spool. Runs good. Took me 3 years to build it.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #27
rifter
rifter

E-Z-GO

I kinda agree with JRL about the Horse power thing, you may have it but you will rarely use it, I think the quad rear will work. Is the Triumph engine chain or driveshaft, is the rear axle chain or driveshaft. If you are chain I would run the biggest rear sprocket you can fit, that will take some stress off the gears.
rifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 08:13 PM   #28
Mrider7
Not Yet Wild

Man that’s a nice car. Now that’s an expensive project but worth every bit I’m sure. They are both chain drive sprocket on bike engine is a 14 tooth now. Biggest I have seen for the four wheeler is a 56 tooth so I thought about raising the bike front sprocket to a 16. I’m hoping this thing don’t take me 2 years to finish I’ve been collecting what I need over a year now.
Old 01-12-2020, 09:51 PM   #29
JRL
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrider7 View Post
Man that’s a nice car. Now that’s an expensive project but worth every bit I’m sure. They are both chain drive sprocket on bike engine is a 14 tooth now. Biggest I have seen for the four wheeler is a 56 tooth so I thought about raising the bike front sprocket to a 16. I’m hoping this thing don’t take me 2 years to finish I’ve been collecting what I need over a year now.
Use a 12 or 13 countershaft sprocket. Dont go up. You'll have all the speed you can handle. You might have read posts about low speed potential with conversions. With your proposed live axle and ATV tires and wheels, you won't be gear-bound. Your overall speed potential will be about what the scoot would do. The low speed/big countershaft sprocket is an issue when retaining the OEM cart axle. Your cart won't be much heavier than the complete scoot with two large adults riding. Build light...within reason.
You can easily calculate your speed at various RPMs. Pick a close drive axle tire size (circumference), look up engine final trans output ratio, and work out your sprockets and the potential speed can be brought up. If offroad primarily, definitely 12 or 13 tooth CS. Create a slick shifter for the trans. If the trans slips out of gear a few times, or fails to engage fully, you'll destroy the transmission. Jerking it on pavement will also destroy clutch and tranny. The ATV tires have much larger contact patch than scoot. More grip.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:37 AM   #30
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifter View Post
1962 Base Falcon, I started out cutting the whole bottom out and building a full chassis big tire car. 408 Stroker, FTI C4, 9 inch with 4.56 and a full spool. Runs good. Took me 3 years to build it.
Holy dog doo, Batman! Looks great. A little more pep than a 170ci 6cyl.
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps