lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-05-2019, 06:34 AM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Club car precedent 4 link how to

This has always been a popular topic amongst all cart types. It's also pretty daunting for most especially club car owners who have aluminum frames.

I will be putting together a DIY/How to for my precedent 4-link build. Many can argue wether it was done right or wrong but having driven the cart for awhile now I'm happy with it. It tracks straight the tires arnt showing any signs of abnormal wear and at 35mph with 12-14inches of lift it feels good and tight. Over the next few weeks I'll be taking measurements and adding photos of the lay out. If I miss something call me out and I'll try my best to cover it.

Link bar hardware

1in .065 wall DOM tubing
5/8 18 rod ends (1 RH thread 1 LH thread)
5/8 18 tubing weld inserts (1 LH, 1 RH)
5/8 to 1/2in high misalignment spacers (8 pairs)

Chassis Tabs (link mounts/shock mounts)

3/16 thick 1/2in hole 1.75in flat tabs 8
3/16 thick 1/2in hole 2in axle tabs 8

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-05-2019, 09:00 AM   #2
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: Club car precedent 4 link how to

NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
Furyous
Flat Out Hooked on Carts

Mixed Breed

Thanks! I bought a four link kit a few years ago in anticipation of accomplishing this at some point in time. Happy to follow in your footsteps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Furyous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 09:02 PM   #4
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is a pic of the upper link mount. It doubles as a another crossmember. I have plans to build another crossmember for the rear of the cart it will also double as a sway bar mount. The precedent frame only has one crossmember and because of this you get a ton of chassis twist. I hate that feeling this single cross member removed alot of the twist. One more in the rear and it should be solid.

It was made using a 1/4in thick piece of 4in angle. I picked it up out of the drop cut bin at the local metal yard for $10 it was the longest piece they had and if you look close it's a little short. The mounting tabs are welded to a piece of 2in angle this gave a good solid base and made sure both sides were even without alot of mock up or framing to get consistent angles. Doing this requires the use of high misalignment spacers.I cut the angles on the ends to make sure that the lower link bars would clear when I lowered the cart down. The u channels on each end fit the frame rails really tight they need to be forced into place. I then bolted the crossmember to the frame with 2 half in bolts on each side.

I'm not sure what the u channels came from they are an odd size and were found in the drop cut bin as well. They just happen to fit really well.

In this picture I'm modifying the upper link mounting positions on the crossmember. The first time around I didnt have them high enough.

The position of the upper link mounting point comes from the vertical separation of the upper and lower links at the axle end.

The amount of needed vertical separation comes from the tire size you are going to run.

Watch this video-
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTWZgVx8Y6o

What ever your vertical separation ends up being at the axle is what it needs to be at the frame end too.This is why a 4 link calculator is a blessing. Once you understand how to use it lol.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 09:27 PM   #5
Stxhunter
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 03:08 PM   #6
Crandaddyy
Not Yet Wild

Hey man, what air ride shocks are those?
Crandaddyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2021, 04:00 PM   #7
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

WOW! Impressive build. Looks like it was done right and must ride real sweet! Just a couple of observations. It must be very flat where you live, a cart that high would be pretty much a pavement parade pony here as it would fall over pretty easy off the beaten path. From the pics, it looks like your speed sensor wires are kinda vulnerable to getting ripped off by a stray branch tipped up by the wheels. Is a skid plate in order for the differential? That "crackable" aluminum case is still kinda low and vulnerable. Just food for thought.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 08:19 AM   #8
Cb750
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

What do you have for the front suspension?
Cb750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts