lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #11
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: VRX460 Magnum

Yes I suppose I do have the first VC 460 hemi supposedly Geoff Warner tested them but he died Down on it pretty quick and never posted any pics
BIKERMIKEYBLACK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2019, 07:48 PM   #12
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Funny wen I first posted on here wat I was doing I was told it wouldn’t fit lol
Old 08-21-2019, 09:42 PM   #13
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

I didn't think it would work - I posted an opinion about it and after a lot of research and a few questions -- here I am jumping on the wagon. I'm looking for that extra few foot pounds of torque. After talking with Paul the other day -- was told "I don't see any reason it wouldn't work as long as you cut the valve reliefs proper". My research shows that most parts will interchange with a GX390. This is an example of parts fitting the 420 and the 390 https://www.gopowersports.com/stage-...rformance-kit/
If you take the time to do the hunt you'll find more parts that interchange.

Yes Ray -- the head has a threaded boss to hold a tin cover in place just like what we use on our engines. I bought an engine starter kit way back and this is my platform for my build. I've got most of my parts - decided I'd use the torque cam that Vegas was using. It gives me .338 valve lift. Being the valves are bigger and the rocker arms are more frail - I don't want to go too high on the lift till I prove this will work. Once I get my camshaft I can mock up the engine and measure my push rods.
I'm going to order a pair of push rods from this company https://www.tickperformance.com/tick...ngth-080-wall/ They advertise custom length push rods -- will see whats up when I know what to order.
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:48 PM   #14
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

It is funny. I was thinking "why doesn't Shepard just run the VC cam with all the extra valve and port air flow." On the push rods will they sell you 2 ? The 1/4"ers are being used by the racers at up to 8000 rpms with the pressure of double valve springs. I see somebody asked Jody Powell from ARC if anyone was making billet rockers for the big block hemi and replied not that he was aware of.
raydhd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 09:59 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIKERMIKEYBLACK View Post
Yes I suppose I do have the first VC 460 hemi supposedly Geoff Warner tested them but he died Down on it pretty quick and never posted any pics
Do you actually have a 10 bolt block VC 460 engine or something else as your base ?
Old 08-21-2019, 10:17 PM   #16
Shepard
Crazy Ole Man

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by raydhd View Post
Do you actually have a 10 bolt block VC 460 engine or something else as your base ?
https://vegascarts.com/collections/e...es-builder-kit
This is the start of the 460 Magnum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN6376.JPG (235.8 KB, 0 views)
Shepard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:18 AM   #17
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The question was actually for Mikey. I was not clear what base engine he started with.
Old 08-22-2019, 09:55 AM   #18
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Ray yes my engine is a VC 10 bolt 460
Old 08-22-2019, 10:14 AM   #19
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

I have been following your and Shepard's hemi builds. One of the predators came as a 420 cc hemi that quite a few youtube builders modified. BUT many of us were under the wrong impression that the 420 hemi head would not fit the VC block. So you were the first to suggest that might not be true. Paul's carts had said the hemi head was no longer available except on nos HF hemi engines on shelves. Which also turned out not to be true. I didn't see how Paul cut his piston but wondered if a valve could be turned into a cutting tool. Carry on you guys are trail blazing.
Old 08-22-2019, 10:42 AM   #20
BIKERMIKEYBLACK
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Paul glues aluminum oxide disc on the valves and spins them in the head with a drill I used his method on mine
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps