lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-08-2019, 07:31 AM   #11
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: What Type of Throttle Signal Does a 3 Wire Multi Step Potentiometer Have?

I have my 1/2 speed reverse wired from the reversing contactor to the controller. My top speed is about 23 mph with an AMD Beast motor, plenty fast and good torque too.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-12-2020, 02:29 PM   #12
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: What Type of Throttle Signal Does a 3 Wire Multi Step Potentiometer Have?

Converting my vglide to a multi-step potentiometer. Since it is now nothing but a signal box, is it safe to use 22ga wires? In the picture, it looks like 14 or 16 gauge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg V-Glide converted to 3 wire multistep potentiometer.jpg (148.3 KB, 0 views)
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:49 PM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

For the resistors, yes, but 18ga would be physically better.

The micro-switch wires would depend on the solenoid you are using and if it is powering a reversing contactor, if in doubt use 16ga.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:40 PM   #14
Bradleyt55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post

The 910Ω resistor should start at the post #2 and the 1000Ω end on post #9, that will give you a little more control at low speed..
Sergio, can you clarify what you mean by this ? are you skipping a post? If you start with 910 ohm resistor on post #2 then the last 1000 ohm resistor will end on post #8.
Bradleyt55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #15
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you look at the picture of how mine is setup you will see a jumper wire between post 2 an 3 with the first resistor starting on post 3. It is the way Sergio suggested to wire it and has been working flawlessly for several years.
Old 10-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #16
Bradleyt55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Question Re: What Type of Throttle Signal Does a 3 Wire Multi Step Potentiometer Have?

handtools,
Thanks for the reply.
One more question
I'm going to rebuild my multi-step pot and have the resistors to make it 48V 2wire or 48V 3wire.
I have an Alltrax SR48600 controller which has options for either configuration.
Anyone know which option would utilize the entire pedal throw, smoothest?
Old 10-22-2021, 12:09 PM   #17
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

3 wire setup will be the smoothest. Not quit as smooth as going to an MCOR, but still better than doing a 0-5k 2 wire setup.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 12:19 PM   #18
Bradleyt55
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
3 wire setup will be the smoothest. Not quit as smooth as going to an MCOR, but still better than doing a 0-5k 2 wire setup.
Thanks Fairtax4me,
I found this quote from Sergio in another thread.

"The VGlide when configured as a three wire MultiStep potentiometer creates additional input steps as the wiper arm bridges two pads so the signal is smoother than the old two wire rheostat mode."

So I'm going with the 3 wire.
Maybe MCOR upgrade when I disassemble the cart for paint or wrap this winter.
Thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 05:51 PM   #19
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you wire it as in my picture it will be a 3 wire multi step potentiometer. As I said it works great and a lot cheaper than a mcor!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car