lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's
Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-25-2017, 08:47 PM   #1
trimmerkenny
Not Yet Wild

Default Stealth Apache 2011 differential fluid help

I just purchased a 2011 stealth Apache 4x4 and would like to change the fluids in the front and rear differential. Any help would be appreciated. I cannot find anything online. I don't even know the type to get. if anyone has any tips on changing it that would be greatly appreciated as well. There is a roaring in the front end and I'm hoping this will correct it. Was planning on changing the front wheel bearings as well just to be safe. Any tips on changing them would be Very helpful.
trimmerkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2017, 01:42 PM   #2
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

Default Re: Stealth Apache 2011 differential fluid help

80-90 in the rear diff - around 22-23 oz
the right angle gear box (that the drive shaft connects to) takes about 5 oz as well.

Mobil 424 or similar in the front differential - 5 oz
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:18 PM   #3
trimmerkenny
Not Yet Wild

Thank you very much.
trimmerkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 07:42 PM   #4
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

No problem. Sorry I didn't see this sooner
Old 03-29-2017, 07:44 PM   #5
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

post some pictures of your Stealth. The Apache is a heck of unit? 64v?
Old 01-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #6
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Sunco, I’m changing the fluids on my stealth nighthawk and I don’t see where I can add or drain fluid from the gearbox connected to the drive shaft. Is this the gearbox you are talking about?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B4BF58F1-62C6-4A59-864A-B67109320E0A.jpg (168.5 KB, 0 views)
Wturnage29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 06:31 PM   #7
hjla
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wturnage29 View Post
Sunco, I’m changing the fluids on my stealth nighthawk and I don’t see where I can add or drain fluid from the gearbox connected to the drive shaft. Is this the gearbox you are talking about?
Did you figure out how to drain this gearbox? I recently bought a 2011 Apache 64 Volt and have been upgrading and replacing multiple components. I am now working on replacing fluids.
hjla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2019, 09:00 AM   #8
Wturnage29
Not Yet Wild

Yes I did, the easiest way I found to change the fluid in the gearbox was drill an access hole to remove the bottom drain plug. First unbolt the gearbox from the bottom of the bracket. Then I did my best to take a measurement of where the drain screw is on the bottom of the gearbox and where it would fall out on the bracket and drilled a hole(it is a Allen screw just like the one on top). ** Very Important** while you are drilling the hole in the bottom bracket up towards the gear box place a few pieces of card board box (or some other barrier) in between the bottom of the gearbox and the bracket so you do not drill out your Allen screw. After drilling a hole big enough I unscrewed the drain plug, reinstalled, removed fill plug and added 5oz of fluid, reinstalled fill plug. Then I removed the chain guard (there are 2 bolts holding it on), just behind the passenger side rear tire which I also removed. Then pulled the gearbox tight and started bolting it back in, doing my best to make sure the front sprocket stayed straight in line with the rear. Once complete now would be a good time to lube your chain, then reinstall your chain guard and rear tire and your good to go. Hope I didn’t miss anything. Good luck
Wturnage29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
4x4, differential oil, stealth
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Autos/Side x Sides/ATVs/4x4's