lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-25-2022, 04:21 PM   #141
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Hunting Cart down

Heard back from Alltrax, the controller is good. So now do I reinstall the controller and try again with the different motor or send ScottyB the contactor and have him check it? What do you think?
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2022, 06:54 AM   #142
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
Heard back from Alltrax, the controller is good. So now do I reinstall the controller and try again with the different motor or send ScottyB the contactor and have him check it? What do you think?
Wow! Well, when you reinstall the controller I would approach it as if you're installing it for the first time. In other words, don't just hook it back up if you "tagged" where the wires were when you removed the controller.

That way if you had something wired incorrectly, you would likely catch any error that was\is there.

But I'd hook it back up, and if it's the same then get the RC's checked out.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #143
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Wow! Well, when you reinstall the controller I would approach it as if you're installing it for the first time. In other words, don't just hook it back up if you "tagged" where the wires were when you removed the controller.

That way if you had something wired incorrectly, you would likely catch any error that was\is there.

But I'd hook it back up, and if it's the same then get the RC's checked out.
The cart has had 2 reversing contactors ( 2 different models ) with the same problem. Pictures show a so called rats nest of old wires everywhere. I suspect a serious sorting and rewire of this cart will solve the issue. I think I remember we had a very lengthy problem getting this cart to run when the controller and RC was installed years ago. We may be revisiting some of those problems again?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 12:38 PM   #144
95EASY
Not Yet Wild

Have you made any more progress with the cart?
95EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 03:51 PM   #145
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Still waiting for the controller to arrive
Old 02-03-2022, 10:37 AM   #146
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

The "Hunting Cart" is back in operation. After stripping everything down and starting from scratch I tested all wires. When checking the wires from the RC to the motor I found that A1 and S1 wires where crossed. After hooking up all components to the old motor the cart moved forward and reverse. I then swapped A1 and S1 at the motor and had the old result, went in reverse but shuttered in forward. Then I installed the newer motor and hooked up and forward and reverse worked. Lessen learned that when checking continuity the wires need to be disconnected. On the original install I had the wires hooked to the RC and went back to the motor and checked for continuity and got the wrong results
I what to thank you all for the help and patience through this repair. My MISTAKE has taken up a lot of your time and brain storming. Thank You All again. The cart is ready for turkey season
Old 02-03-2022, 12:15 PM   #147
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Great that you got it fixed!! Humans make mistakes for sure. This is a good thread for those who are experiencing the same thing…and as I’ve done myself, swear I’ve checked the wiring twice…and still missed it.

Well…you’re ready for groundhog season!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:07 PM   #148
95EASY
Not Yet Wild

Glad you have it fixed!
95EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 02:18 PM   #149
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Dave,As I am typing it is snowing big time. 10-12 in so the ground hogs are in there holes
Old 02-05-2022, 02:04 PM   #150
cartdoc1969
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Glad you found the issue. There's a great group on here for sure.
cartdoc1969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO