lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2009, 12:39 PM   #1
scottymac
Not Yet Wild

Red face 1985 club car

I have a 1985 Club Car which until recently I thought was a later model. I of course am totally new to this area. I was told by the person who purchased it for us he thought it was a mid to later 90's model. I did some upgrades to it which includes a flip seat and new tires. Of course with added weight, I needed extra power/ torque. I purchased an Alltrax NPX 400 amp controller. My golf cart is all resistor/soleniod instead of a controller being used. Following again on what I was told, I went ahead and made a purchase on something which is not designed for my cart. What can or can't I do to upgrade my 1985Club Car without breaking the bank. Will the controller work with anything existing with this model? Can it work with this series motor? Thank you.
scottymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-27-2009, 12:46 PM   #2
buscopat
Gone Crazy

Club Car

Default Re: 1985 club car

Welcome To BGW.
You should post your questions in the Electric Club car section.
Sorry I can't help you, I have a gas EZGO.
buscopat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 05:26 PM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

this is the elec. C.C. forum....................you have a resistor cart and sorry but your very limited as to what you can do for speed............to try and use the controller your better off selling the cart and getting another one as its gonna be real costly to try and convert it..............the only things you can do is a lift, bigger tires/wheels and changing from 6 gage cables to 4 gage and you have to swap every 6 gage cable not just the battery cables.......whatever is in there 6 gage has to come out and doing these things will set you back at least 1000 dollars............so you might want to consider selling it and buying a newer controller cart than you can upgrade the crap out of it............................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 06:05 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Wait a minute ...... he already has the controller now! All's he needs now is a potentiometer (PB-6), A 48v solenoid,2 more batteries and a 48v charger to complete the conversion On that list the controller is the most expensive thing!
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car