lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2017, 10:33 AM   #1
RXLuke
Getting Wild

Club Car

Smile 1997 Club Car Ds Torque

Hello everybody!

First time poster here, and I'd like to thank everybody on this forum that helps out folks like me.

I have a 97 Club Car DS (48volt 3.1hp motor) and the thing zips around on flat ground, and downhill I've clocked 22 mph occasionally. However, I live in a particularly hilly part of VA and when I have myself, wife, and son on the cart, we crawl up the hills at a speed of 6 mph or so.

The batteries are 5 years old but hold a charge at 50.0-50.5 volts for a few days while not plugged in to the maintainer. The voltmeter reads between 45.5 and 46.5 while under load going up these hills and returns to around 49 when we resume on flat ground. Therefore, I don't believe the pack is bad.

What are y'alls suggestions to get more torque up the hills? I understand that torque doesn't mean more speed necessarily, but will it help us go a little faster, maybe 8 or 9 mph, up the hills?

Thanks!
RXLuke is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car