lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-29-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Dg16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Yamaha g16 front shocks

I have a jakes 5 inch lift with 22 s . I put new hd shocks on the rear recently. I looked through all the pages on here and know my options are limited. My front shocks are wore out . I’m curious if anyone has tried something other than the oem shocks successfully. I’ve seen some shocks that are close for dirt bikes with adjustments. Should I keep going down the rabbit or just get the Yamaha shocks .
Dg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 09:12 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g16 front shocks

I've tried all kinds of atv shocks and I wouldn't recommend it. Too much travel with these golf cart single a arm front suspensions creates a lot of bump steer and skittish handling. 2" of travel in a golf cart shock is all you need. I'd opt for the new stock shocks. I know they are expensive, but they are good and last a long long time.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:54 AM   #3
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

If your originals are not leaking oil, you could add a spacer under the spring. You would have to collapse the spring a bit and use a split collar around 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. This will stiffen the spring but you will have a little less travel.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 09:02 AM   #4
Dg16
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

My front shocks aren’t leaking , but when first get on the tires look like /\. After riding for a minute they look like \ / . Ima just get a new set . I was hoping to just try something different. Thanks .
Dg16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 01:57 PM   #5
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

I would check your toe setting. It should be as close to zero as possible, but a tiny bit toed in. Driving on pavement when the toe setting is off can make the wheels do what you describe. Weak shocks/springs also can cause that. Having both will cause it to ride like crap and feel unsteady at speed, can make the steering feel dangerous.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha