lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-27-2008, 04:29 PM   #11
Cuz
Gone Wild

Default Re: New Deer Hunting Cabin Advice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishing Dude View Post
Know where I can get used manufactured homes for under 20 grand were rentals to insurance companies. They have 60X14 box 4-6 year old would that do?

Something like that would work provided the snow load rating on the roof is 70lbs per sqaure foot (another wonderful code in that area) and I dont think most are.. Most code requirements are anywhere from 20-40lbs. That was a problem we were running into when we designed the cabin with a loft initially. In order to meet that code we either had to use full logs or engineered trusses that had square openings in them. What sucked about that is when you looked down from the 1/2 loft, you were looking through a bunch of trusses.

Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #12
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Call the people in morn and find out where they are rated for. They are a slant roof not flat will see what roof load is rated. Let you know what I find out.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 PM   #13
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Cuz, thats some pretty land up your way, if it ever defrost. I been up there before and its nice for a summer visit.
I hope you knew about all the restrictions before you bought. If not, go ahead and bite the bullet and build something you and your family can enjoy for years to come. If you can't build now, hold on to that land, they don't make any more of it. Great long term investment.
One other question. Is it true your state bird is the mosquito?
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #14
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckmanmike View Post
Is it true your state bird is the mosquito?

How true that is Mike.. They even sell t-shirts with sayings like "I gave blood today" and have a picture of a skeeter under it. Black flies are bad too.. I went up there about 3 weeks ago and my legs still look like they have the chicken pox.. Lake Superior beach is just down the road from the property.. There was a buck shot just down the road last year that dressed out at 252lbs.. The area makes you feel like your hunting in Alberta.

Cuz
Old 07-28-2008, 02:41 PM   #15
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

I hunt in South Georgia. We have to put up with Skeeters and gnats in December.
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:05 PM   #16
ppm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

I live in the U.P. and have a cabin with Michigan snow load trusses. To meet the code and still have a loft and cathedral ceiling you can use a scissor truss, or you can make your own rafter but it has to be with stamped lumber. The scissor truss can be ordered to different pitches allowing for a loft. The are also set with a heel allowing proper insulation. (very much needed up here of course). Of course the truss is faster, easier and not very expensive. Good Luck.
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 03:07 PM   #17
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppm View Post
I live in the U.P. and have a cabin with Michigan snow load trusses. To meet the code and still have a loft and cathedral ceiling you can use a scissor truss, or you can make your own rafter but it has to be with stamped lumber. The scissor truss can be ordered to different pitches allowing for a loft. The are also set with a heel allowing proper insulation. (very much needed up here of course). Of course the truss is faster, easier and not very expensive. Good Luck.
What county are you in? I'm up near paradise.

Thanks for the info...

Cuz
Old 07-28-2008, 05:38 PM   #18
ppm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Gogebic County, I'm as far west as you can go. Cross the Mighty Mac, turn left and go 300 miles and your here. I am actually 8 miles from WI. / 100 miles from MN. I snowmobiled the paradise/Newberry area quite often over the years. Beautiful area, especially Tequamegan Falls ( I think I spelled it right).
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:06 PM   #19
Cuz
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppm View Post
Gogebic County, I'm as far west as you can go. Cross the Mighty Mac, turn left and go 300 miles and your here. I am actually 8 miles from WI. / 100 miles from MN. I snowmobiled the paradise/Newberry area quite often over the years. Beautiful area, especially Tequamegan Falls ( I think I spelled it right).
Dang, thats a long ways away (Greenbay Packer Country).
My property is actually a golf cart drive away from the Tahquamenon river

I get enough snow down here just below the Mighty Mac (Gaylord) so I try to stay away from that area during the winter.

Cuz
Old 07-28-2008, 08:30 PM   #20
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Love to go shoomin in the Gaylord area. From there clear up to Indian river area.

Use to spend vacations as a kid on Drumond Island, only place I know you go through a detour to get to where you want to be.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing