lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-13-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
ppm
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Whats best to do?????

I have a G-2 and am in the process of lifting, clutching and jetting. Doing alot of reading on what to do regarding the govenor and was wondering what it best. I currently have the nut tightend all the way but have read that is not always the best route. Is it best to bypass the gov entirely or what about the yam speed spring I have been reading about. Input would be apprecitated. thanks
ppm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-15-2008, 10:47 AM   #2
johnusarmy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Whats best to do?????

hey ppm,
welcome to bgw!!
on my g2 i just removed all the gove arm assemble and parts in the rear end. then took the cable from the pedal and hooked it directly to the carb. never had any issues running it that way. i never tried the power spring though, i did run 26s with the stock motor for a while, worked ok for light offroading.. good luck!!!
johnusarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #3
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

I would just bypass the governor. I tried the spring and it helped it get to a few higher rpms but it seemed like I lost low end when I put it on. I also am running a bypasses governor without any issues.
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #4
groundpounder
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnusarmy View Post
hey ppm,
welcome to bgw!!
on my g2 i just removed all the gove arm assemble and parts in the rear end. then took the cable from the pedal and hooked it directly to the carb. never had any issues running it that way. i never tried the power spring though, i did run 26s with the stock motor for a while, worked ok for light offroading.. good luck!!!
you don't have to remove all the gov parts in the rear end if you don't want to. just in case you want to hook it back up. just run the cable coming from the gas pedal right to your carb. also make sure you adjust the cable so it closes all the way when you let off the gas pedal.
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #5
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum ppm....................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 11:38 PM   #6
bigred-driver
Gone Wild

Groundpounder, is it the same for the rear end on my ezgo? If I run the cable right to the carb do I need to do any thing with the governor arm on the rear end? Keep in mind I have the 18 Vanny in mine.

Thanks, Jimbo
bigred-driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:31 AM   #7
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by groundpounder View Post
you don't have to remove all the gov parts in the rear end if you don't want to. just in case you want to hook it back up. just run the cable coming from the gas pedal right to your carb. also make sure you adjust the cable so it closes all the way when you let off the gas pedal.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:37 AM   #8
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigred-driver View Post
Groundpounder, is it the same for the rear end on my ezgo? If I run the cable right to the carb do I need to do any thing with the governor arm on the rear end? Keep in mind I have the 18 Vanny in mine.

Thanks, Jimbo
All the governors on these carts can be left to my knowledge. They are more or less just a rod sticking out of the rearend that works off a bearing/collar and some type of spring that pushes against the bottom of the rod to cause the throttle cable to back off. Most newer Ezgo's you have to use some type of spacer (several oversize nuts or a brass fitting, etc.../something to fit over the threaded part) in the governor cable area over the rearend to keep it from taking up slack if your going to stay with the original equipment.

spriddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts