lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #11
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Default Re: Any one Have a Winch on your Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCW View Post
Thanks Y 4 life
The pictures help me get an idea as to how I want to mount
mine when I do get one .

Im deffinetly going to have to have one on my cart
and Hope when I do need to use it I have someone with me
to hook it to a tree or something to get out with...

Im a amputee (left leg) and cant wear a prostetic although I have one
Due to sevier nerve damage in the stump...
But believe me , I can get alot done on my own when pressed .

The first post by me in the thread here, Do you all think
that a 3000 # rateing is a over kill on the winch for my cart ?
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91781
This one at Habor Freight is $89.00

I realy like all of your mounting ways each of y'all have

Let me also ask this before I forget,
These are 12 volt winches... Did any of you run a seperate battery
just for the winch and off road lights, is this a practical way to get this done?
and just keep the 12 volt charged ..... Im not a electricin so wiering it in any other way Im lost .

Thank all of you for your help on this
I sincerely appreciate it all .

BCW
I dont think that 3000 is overkill. If I could afford a 10,000 pound winch and get it work ok I would put it on mine. You never know what you many have to pull out. You may have to pull your cart up an extremely steep hill, and need that extra power.

As for the battery, I have made my stock engine idle, and according to the battery meter I have,the starter is charging the battery. I just leave the cart idling while running the winch and have had no problems yet. As for a cart with no engine running, I would say your alright for brief pulls. I wouldnt keep running the winch constantly without running the engine alittle bit. I think two batteries is a waste of weight, and then either you will need to get a bigger on board charger or you will have to plug it in at night. What happens if you forget to plug it ahead of time and your battery goes out and night in the woods? Just my two cents...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2008, 08:03 PM   #12
BCW
Gone Wild

My cart is Elec. 36 volt 91 Marathon
Its in the members ride , NetMXer posted the pics for me

I may have to change my screen name to Sally or Brenda or Tina
to get people to look at my cart LOL...
BCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 11:30 PM   #13
ruredy
Born Wild

The pull rating (3000lb) starts with no cable on the spool and decreases as the spool fills up. If you do some real comparing and get into how much pull the winch has with more than 1 or 2 even 3 layers of cable on them you'll see the 3000lb winch falls off rather quick almost to the point of a 2000lb winch as far as rated pull. I don't know why they do, I figure it must be because of the gearing used in them. I looked at many many pull line rating charts comparing the differences, all the different winch makers have these charts that show the pull capacity as the spool fills up.
This might sound a little out there but If I was hooking a winch to a 36v sparky I think I would try a 2000lb and hook it up to the whole pack, that is unless you add a big deep cycle battery. The 2000lb will use less power (big consideration for a battery powered cart) and should be enough to get you out most anything. I'm guessing it shouldn't be a problem to run it off 36v for short periods of time, most all dc motors can handle higher voltages without to much problems. They work better the more volts you put to them they just tend to over heat if run to long, at 36v I don't think it would take long to reel in the cable though Maybe someone can enlighten me as to why this shouldn't work, if i had an electric cart I would try it.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing