lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2009, 07:29 PM   #51
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turkey Hunters

Quote:
Originally Posted by turktrax View Post
7 more days before I get home and get to do some hunting. Good luck to all of yall!
Get home? Where ya at? Good luck once ya go.
LongbeardExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2009, 09:14 PM   #52
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

never had a dog problem as not many people live around our area and sad to say some hunters shoot them on site. Like I stated before they must be flying down with the hens and expect you to come to them. Make sure you stay out in the late am and lunch time as Toms service some of the hens and then go looking for other hens. I don't know how long your season is but ours last about 5 weeks and the toms start looking hard for hens to mate. Don't get discouraged as they may come in quite and you won't see them till the last minute. It's very easy to get down not hearing them but find a place that you can have a good view around you and you might be surprised. You never know what will make them gobble a door being shut, crow, owl and maybe nothing, I gave up on crow calls as we have so many sounding off all day long.If you have a place you can work them when gobbling try working towards them very slow and sound excited when doing it. I'm hot and ready big boy come over to visit me.haha I wish you luck but that's what makes it a challenge. I'm no expert but just trying to help with some idea's like before I use to work them and now have settled for a turkey tent and a easy chair. Make mental notes for future hunts and movement is the key to not spoking them. We talk and remember sometimes Turkeys act dumb and sometime you wonder how smart their are. They eat,sleep,walk about poop and breed and you have to be in the right spot. Enjoy and have fun it's better than working.
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 02:23 AM   #53
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
Get home? Where ya at? Good luck once ya go.

I am in Brazil working right now. I get home Sunday around lunch time and plan on trying to have one at least roosted that evening for Monday morning hunt.

I dont know what to really say about your dog situation. Never had that problem really while hunting. You may be able to try and trap them in some type of hog trap or something. I know several people that have caught numerous yard dogs in there hog traps while they are trying to catch a hog. I imagine baiting it with some meat you may be able to get a few and get them out of the picture one way or the other. Good luck with that.
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #54
ames_007
Not Yet Wild

Hello turkey hunters thought I'd show you what I've been working on. This thing was a rust bucket a few weeks ago. Now it has new paint, new brakes, new batteries, 2 ga wires, block lift, wheels and 22 tires. Thanks for all the help from my father-in-law Mario! Was in Talbot Co, GA this weekend. My buddy missed a monster tom! Gobble Gobble!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0244.jpg (118.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0245.jpg (107.3 KB, 10 views)
ames_007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:11 PM   #55
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry about the miss Ames,but atleast he didnt have to walk all the way back to camp. Golf carts are the cats meow for turkey hunting. This is the first year with mine and I love it!
Old 03-25-2009, 01:19 AM   #56
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Nice cart. Is that a medalist? Kinda looks like the cart I bought my wife to play with. A few more days and me and my buggy will be running around in the woods chasing them limb chickens.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:22 AM   #57
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

That's a wrap! I'm outta here. Flying back home today for a month of chasing turkeys. They better watch out. I aint cutting no slack this year. Yall be good guys. Good luck to you all!
Old 03-28-2009, 07:27 AM   #58
mikeshotrodshop
Gone Wild

Hell ya! I turkey hunt, deer hunt, goose hunt, squirrel hunt, pheasant hunt and chucker hunt. I'll hunt anything I can make a meal out of :0)

How about this one! I shot this bird @ fifty yards with my Mathews XT.

And this one was with my scatter gun.
mikeshotrodshop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 09:59 AM   #59
Admiral Nelson
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Turkey Hunters

1 1/2 weeks till season and were suppose to get up to 12 inches of snow today, I hope the weather settles down so we can get back to our hunting place. Can you say Kansas gumbo dirt and regular golf cart don't like that kind of mud. Wish all of you luck hunting your longbirds wahooooooooooooo
Admiral Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #60
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Took son this morning for youth day. Heard 3 birds and started to chase them. Got cut off by hens that cranked up between us. Scumped again. Rain storm sent us home.

Good luck Turk. Good to have ya state side again.

Where do you hunt Mike?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing