lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2009, 07:57 PM   #31
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turkey Hunters

The upper half of the state here opens in April. Most of our places open then. I have 1 buddy that has a farm in the lower state. They are calling for heavy rain this weekend so I might get scumped. Have to wait till next weekend. Time will tell. They are not adjusting the opening day to the 14th here either.

I want to go sit near that wildlife camera you posted, Turk.

Good luck in Florida.
LongbeardExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-12-2009, 08:33 PM   #32
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatyas View Post
I will be hunting a WMA in south Florida this weekend. 32,000 acres and 50 permits. I got the second week. This is only my second year turkey hunting. Saw two hens last week. Gonna do some more scouting this evening.
How is your scouting going? Lookslike my weekend is going to get rained out.
Old 03-14-2009, 09:16 AM   #33
goodoleboy80
Getting Wild
Club Car

Don't give up, HUNT THE RAIN!!!!! I've killed several turkeys in the rain. ME and a buddy even scored 1 each the same hunt, the same stand, the same morning in a pi$$ pouring flood. Good luck.
goodoleboy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:16 AM   #34
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Season opens here tomorrow. A comdy of errors has happened to prevent me from going tomorrow. Its raining, The owner of the land wouldnt be able to hunt with me(I like to call for him on opening day since he allows me to hunt his land), The kids and I would have to miss my granddads birthday, and it just wouldnt feel right. I may try to go on monday morning for a little while before work.
Old 03-15-2009, 12:54 AM   #35
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Hopefully you will be able to get out there and bust ya a biggun before work. We need some pics on here! Good luck dude!!!
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:30 PM   #36
JMatyas
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Thurs- Sat = nothing. Sun, the last day, heard five gobbles between 730 and 745. Couldn't draw him in. This is only my second season. Need to work on my calls. Saw alot of tracks and birds crossing roads while driving around. Saw alot of deer and gators too.

Next time.
JMatyas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:12 PM   #37
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Dont frrl too bad J. I got scumped this morning. Set up on a fire break and waited. Heard multiple gobbles from a cypress bottom about 400 yards away. picked up and moved to a field right beside the bottom and saw a bird still roosted in a cypress tree. We couldnt get in the field to put decoys out so we called from just inside the wood line. Watched the bird for another hour and a half. He refused to fly down. Not sure if he saw us or what but he was not movin from that limb. We ran out of time and had to leave him there.

He may have won the battle but I will win the war.

I hope.
Ryan
Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 PM   #38
Riorat
supervision required

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
Dont frrl too bad J. I got scumped this morning. Set up on a fire break and waited. Heard multiple gobbles from a cypress bottom about 400 yards away. picked up and moved to a field right beside the bottom and saw a bird still roosted in a cypress tree. We couldnt get in the field to put decoys out so we called from just inside the wood line. Watched the bird for another hour and a half. He refused to fly down. Not sure if he saw us or what but he was not movin from that limb. We ran out of time and had to leave him there.

He may have won the battle but I will win the war.

I hope.
Ryan
persistence and patience and you will win
Riorat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 08:28 PM   #39
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Persistence I have. Some say I am just too hard headed to quit. Patience, I pray everyday for. I dont think one can ever have too much.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:55 AM   #40
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

You might want to wait on him to fly down before calling to him. Especially on a field turkey. He was most likely waiting to see the hen enter the field before he pitched down. It's not uncommon for gobblers to do exactly what he did if they can see a great distance. Now if you could have circled around behind him in the woods and gave him just a little calling and then give him the silent treatment, he probably would have flown down and investigated. Ya never know though. It's always a hit or miss thing calling to a bird still on a limb. At least yall are hearing and seeing them. It wont be long before they screw up!
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing