lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing
Hunting and Fishing Post all your hunting and fishing experiences here.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2009, 08:13 PM   #11
buckmanmike
Gone Wild

Default Re: Turkey Hunters

Here in Ga. season opens march 21st. I'll be at camp and hope to get a chance to hunt. I have a lot of other chores to do there too, like painting, hanging paneling, enlarging the cook shack, build deer skinning shed, etc.
I have turkey hunted several times but have not bagged one. I've been told once you score one you've got to go back for some more. Maybe I'll catch that fever this year. Good hunting to ya and keep it safe. Mike
buckmanmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #12
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

It is a vicious disorder Mike. I havent even heard of a cure. It is so much more interactive than deer hunting. You dont even have to kill one to get it. If you get a good gobbler that is responding to your calls and you can work him in, man there just aint nuthin like it. I used to live for deer season but now deer season is good scouting time for turkey and I get to shoot a deer if I happen to see one.
LongbeardExpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:36 AM   #13
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongbeardExpress View Post
It is a vicious disorder Mike. I havent even heard of a cure. It is so much more interactive than deer hunting. You dont even have to kill one to get it. If you get a good gobbler that is responding to your calls and you can work him in, man there just aint nuthin like it. I used to live for deer season but now deer season is good scouting time for turkey and I get to shoot a deer if I happen to see one.
The only cure is a coffin, well for most that is. I have left instructions to have turkey calls put in my coffin when I go. I might not get to jellyhead them in heaven but I'm still gonna harass them a bit. Your right too about the scouting. They do kind of work hand in hand. Your looking for turkey sign while your deer hunting and while your turkey hunting your usually covering a lot more ground and going to new places of the property that you have never been before and find good places to deer hunt. Kinda helps you out all around.

Yes turkey hunting is addictive. I have given up so much for it and will continue to as long as I am physically able. If given only one choice between deer hunting and turkey hunting----I would have rifle's for sale tomorrow.
turktrax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:56 AM   #14
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Here's a few pics of my hunting cart. I dont have any recent pics of the modifications that I am working on at this time. It's now a very important piece of my turkey hunting arsenal that I'll never go without again.

Last edited by turktrax; 03-02-2009 at 04:00 AM.. Reason: Wrong link added
Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 PM   #15
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Cool cart Trax. I will post more pics of mine once I get the lift installed. It just showed up today. Do you have any drive train mods?
Old 03-03-2009, 12:32 AM   #16
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Unfortunatly, not yet. That's gonna be my summer project. I'm gonna try and get at least a 500 amp controller and a low torque motor to slap on it.
Old 03-03-2009, 08:28 PM   #17
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

My lift showed up yesterday. Got the rear installed today, but one of the rear spring shackle mounts broke the welds. I will hopefully install the front tomorrow and reweld the mount. My tires showed up tonight.
Old 03-03-2009, 11:52 PM   #18
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Cool deal. Glad to see you are getting your parts in. Suck's your weld broke. Guess that's part of it. What kind of tires and rims you putting on it?
Old 03-04-2009, 08:00 PM   #19
LongbeardExpress
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

5" Allsports lift(fixed the weld tonight) and 23" swampfox tires on a black steel wheels. My son and I just took her on the inagural ride. Much higher now. Pics coming soon.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:14 AM   #20
turktrax
Getting Wild

Club Car

Sweet! Cant wait to see it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Hunting and Fishing