lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 06:53 PM   #11
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

BGW is currently the busiest GC forum on the web. There are other forums...
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-06-2009, 05:50 PM   #12
cartboy
Gone Wild

E-Z-Go came by today and yes, there is a problem, yes they know about it, and yes they are trying to do something about it. Specifically, replace solenoids with better ones.

It wasn't quite clear if we got the better ones that have been in development, but we got some new solenoids direct from Augusta put in today. Just in the carts that have had brake lockup, as they are doing it thataway instead of replacing all of them at once.

I took one repaired cart out and ran nine holes with no problem. Another one had no governor, so we can't let customers have it, and another one had total brake failure. A cart attendant discovered that, fortunately. When I tried to return it to the cart barn, downhill, it had total failure again so I had to take to the embankment. When we tried to park it with the key on, it kept lurching forward.

That's out of 6 or 7 they repaired today, so the fix obviously is still a work in progress.

We have a celebrity event Saturday and Sunday and another tournament Monday, so the next few days should be revealing.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:24 PM   #13
cartboy
Gone Wild

Turns out another one locked up after I left yesterday, one that did not have a new solenoid yet.

And, actually, we had a very busy day today, a Pro Am tomorrow,a celebrity tournament the next day and a really big tournament the next day.

So . . .
Old 08-08-2009, 10:51 AM   #14
cartboy
Gone Wild

I'm surprised how little activity there is on this thread, since this could turn out to be a really big deal.

I can't help but think I'm in the wrong place, with the wrong audience, and that I should be somewhere else to reach those who need to know about this.

Whattya think?
Old 08-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #15
CostaRica
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I had the same problem with an RXV on my lot. I took a customer out on a test drive, we got 5 minutes out and the cart came to a screeching halt and then jerked for a while. The problem was intermittent so hard to troubleshoot. I ended sending it back to my distributor after unsuccessfully troubleshooting with EZ-GO technical service dept. I suspect that it was the solenoid but did not have one to change. Since then we install a heavy duty solenoid right off the bat as we have some hills in the area.
Old 08-08-2009, 01:15 PM   #16
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post
I'm surprised how little activity there is on this thread, since this could turn out to be a really big deal.

I can't help but think I'm in the wrong place, with the wrong audience, and that I should be somewhere else to reach those who need to know about this.

Whattya think?
Not to burst your bubble but it's only a problem if you have one of those carts and not many here do.
Any of these carts are likely under warranty and generally not a huge concern to a community of DIYers.
Old 08-08-2009, 07:20 PM   #17
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaRica View Post
I had the same problem with an RXV on my lot. I took a customer out on a test drive, we got 5 minutes out and the cart came to a screeching halt and then jerked for a while. The problem was intermittent so hard to troubleshoot. I ended sending it back to my distributor after unsuccessfully troubleshooting with EZ-GO technical service dept. I suspect that it was the solenoid but did not have one to change. Since then we install a heavy duty solenoid right off the bat as we have some hills in the area.
Yeah, sounds like the same thing. The one they had fixed and then the brakes went out totally jerked when you parked it, park not really meaning park since there were no brakes.

We have been able to get some that have locked up on a hill back to a flat area by turning the key off and on. Each time we turn it on it moves 2 or 3 inches.

As to the other reply, that's too bad, since a recent post said this is the most active golf cart forum. If there is another, I'd be glad to go there, or to have those there directed here, as we try to solve this problem.

I do believe it is a major problem. There was a recall for another problem and it was for 16500 RXVs. I have no reason to believe they won't all have this problem.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:52 AM   #18
CostaRica
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
I do believe it is a major problem. There was a recall for another problem and it was for 16500 RXVs. I have no reason to believe they won't all have this problem.
I am curious, what was the recall for. I do sell a few RXV's here and there and would like to know if it pops up?
Old 08-09-2009, 12:47 PM   #19
dougmcp
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CostaRica View Post
I am curious, what was the recall for. I do sell a few RXV's here and there and would like to know if it pops up?
It was about a year ago for hip restraints breaking.
Here's the link:
http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml08/08591.html
Old 08-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #20
CostaRica
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ahhhh, I did hear about that one. It did not affect us. Thanks for the link.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO