lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 AM   #1
bbuggydad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thumbs up installing head lights, fuse block, dixie horn on 2000 club cart 48 volt

I am installing head lights & Dixie horn on my nephews Christmas cart. It is a 2000 48 (6x8 ) volt club cart. Your forum is very helpful. Looking as previous post I have decided to add a separate 12 deep cycle battery and fuse block for headlights & Dixie horn. To avoid unnecessary battery drain any suggestions to add a relay to shut off lights when switch when accelerator pedal is not pushed? Or info to locate fuse block! I am not familiar with the electric cart any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated. My nephews love the Dukes! and I don't wont to disappoint them...
bbuggydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Default Re: installing head lights, fuse block, dixie horn on 2000 club cart 48 volt

Seems to me a 48 to12 volt converter would make more since. I have a seat switch to kill power to my lights and overhead fan. I got the switch from a cub cadet mower seat. It is wired to open the ground.

From Scotty B's web site

Keep it simple connections
Green wire is 12v positive (out)
Red wire is 36 or 48v positive (in)
Yellow wire is 36 or 48v positive switched on/off (activation )
Black wire is 36 or 48v negative (in) and also your 12v negative source.
Never use a chassis ground
Read directions before you install!
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
bbuggydad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: installing head lights, fuse block, dixie horn on 2000 club cart 48 volt

Thanks, did not think about a seat switch,. I guess you had to make a bracket to mount switch. and as far as the converter goes I could not decide on which direction was better. Reading this forum I discovered that a lot of people had problems with converters failing or causing more problems, With my luck I thought a battery might be better for my nephews . Which converter are you using? Does it cause a continuous draw on batteries and affect run time that much? Just getting started gathering parts. I have the headlights, Fuse block, Dixie Air horn, and just trying to figure out where to mount & how to install.
Christmas is getting close. Thanks for your help! Any thoughts on where and how to install the Dixie air horn compressor and horns.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:32 AM   #4
Mayor of G Vegas
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Id put them under the seat in the battery well . - Mayor
Mayor of G Vegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You can see the seat switch in this photo, also the power reducers are more reliable than a battery IMO.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (284.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-13-2013, 08:03 PM   #6
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

I don't see a need for a relay to shut off lights when switch when accelerator pedal is not pushed, a simple toggle/pull switch on the dash works just fine. just turn them off when not using them . I myself voted to go with a extra battery for my 12 volt needs. when the radio runs to long and the lights go dim I will always have power to get me back home .

here is a pic where I put my 12 volt battery, slid the center two forward and made a battery rack for it

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album...ictureid=18211
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #7
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I sence the relay is to keep them from leaving things on and running battery dead. This is not for himself but for nefews. I know how careless they can be. My seat switch is for my grand kids benefit. Also helps on old farts too.
Old 12-14-2013, 09:11 AM   #8
Swan
Cave Dweller

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
You can see the seat switch in this photo, also the power reducers are more reliable than a battery IMO.
do I see a zip lock bag there to ?
Swan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
bbuggydad
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thanks guys for all the help & info, Iam in the process of laying out parts and installing parts now. I will try take pics and post when I get thru. Trying to locate a spot to mount air horn compressor & horns now. Great Forum.....
Old 12-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #10
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swan View Post
do I see a zip lock bag there to ?
Yes. It contains the wiring diagram for the cart, and all the changes and addidations I have done to the cart. For example (voltage reducer power is from 48 volt relay on rear frame rail near soloniod) each thing I have done is described this way. I hope the grand kids or shop they take it to for repairs after I pass over, will find it and realize what it is before they trash it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car