lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!
Extreme DC! Extreme Electric Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-06-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Cuz
Gone Wild

Default Adding Just One 8v Battery

Stopped by a place over the weekend that sells carts and ask some questions abouting getting more power out of my 36v Club Car (1983 5-sol) and the lady said they can send the motor in and have it re-worked and also said for now I could just replace one of my current 6v batteries for an 8v.. Would doing that really gain me some more power?

Thanks
Cuz
Cuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-07-2008, 10:02 AM   #2
ogre'sdad
Getting Wild
Taylor-Dunn

Default Re: Adding Just One 8v Battery

I have done the swap and 2 volts really doesn't make a heck of a lot of difference. I do seem to have more oomph at start and a little more operating time but I wouldn't go out of my way to buy just one 8 volt battery.
ogre'sdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 05:05 PM   #3
cwayaustx
Gone Wild
Club Car

Your best bet would be to add two 6v batteries for a total of 48 volts. I dont know how cost effeceint this would be with the five solenoids as they do need to be upgraded to 48 volts. I just did this conversion on a 36 volt resistor cart and the improvement was great. Of course I wasn't happy with this and tried to go 60volts and fried my solenoid of course. If you do this you need to replace all your cables with at least #4awg welding cable, and make sure all your connections are clean and tight. Then you need a 48v charger or an additional 12volt charger. as for 2volts I don't think it would make enough difference.
cwayaustx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:43 PM   #4
Fishing Dude
Gone Wild

Club Car

Will tell you this solenoids should be run at marked voltage within 10%+ -. So adding 2 volts would mean not replacing solenoids but would push them to limit and could cause early failure.
Fishing Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC!