lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #1
fummins
Not Yet Wild

Default Some charger/charging help please.

My first post on this forum,great info. here.I recently aquired a 1998 EZGO electric cart that has me scratching my head... The charger will not engage.I read some of the posts pertaining to this and then charged the batteries with a automotive 12v charger.Testing shows the following: #1=6.3 #2=6.3 #3=6 #4=6.0 #5=6.0 #6=5.9 i understood with these numbers that the charger would work? It came with a power Wise charger with an EZGO logo on it.Any ideas on what to check next? Thanks!
fummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
txbug
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Some charger/charging help please.

We have one that the charger would come on and hum, but no charge was transmitted to the batteries. It happen to be the plug that inserts into the carts charge receptacle. We only figured it out by replacing the plug.
txbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:15 PM   #3
fummins
Not Yet Wild

I volt tested the solenoid at 36.6 the machine will not move under its own power and the charger still will not hum or show activity at the view window.The reverse warning comes on but thats it.I wonder if the charger not working and the machine not moving with charged batteries share a common reason? Thanks.
Old 06-02-2008, 01:32 PM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

The cart want move with the charger plugged into it. Now for why it want charge. Take the cover off and where the 110 comes into the charger it hooks to the black plastic in the botom of charger. Disconnect it there and the other black wire going into the black plastic and hook them together and see what happens.

Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
fummins
Not Yet Wild

My charger appears to be a different model than your illustratration,BTW,thanks for posting it.The charger dosent appear to have a fuse that I can find.It is getting power from the black wire that goes into what looks like a capacitor or relay,allthough that may not be what it is called.It is getting power there,it just tickled me... Speaking of fuses,is there a fuse box of any kind on the cart? I voltage tested at the motor and its not receiving any.Thanks!
Old 06-02-2008, 04:35 PM   #6
fummins
Not Yet Wild

The cart is now running..... This is gonna be a fun build,a little brother to my Rhino.Charger still not working yet.
Old 06-02-2008, 06:19 PM   #7
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome fummins..........................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO