lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-03-2010, 11:49 AM   #1
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

Default 1991 Marathon speed 8mph, what's up!

Newbie here, Have a Marathon just purchased for 71 yr old mother to drive around deer lease. Plan on doing mods but just got it running. New 6 batteries 36vlt, will probably keep it 36. Right now getting 8mph from gps. Seems a little slow, is this normal? What could I check to get more top end befor I change motor and controller. Thinkin on putting 2spd EMP motor in and will lift with probably 22x11x8 tires. Any suggestions?

Crazy mother, bought the cart for her then taughter her how to ride 3 wheeler , so now she says she wants a 4wheeler cause she wants to go fast!
She's 71! I explained the cart would be the better option for Her. LOL This same woman was teaching my little girl how to climb tree's at 65, 30 ft up!

I love this sight! The information here is unbelievable.
WILD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-03-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1991 Marathon speed 8mph, what's up!

I have a '91 marathon resister cart. Makes 14mph on level pavement and 8mph on my test hill with one person aboard and tires at 22psi. Cart is factory original. Batteries (trojan) are six years old this month. This is about normal for unmodified carts of this vintage I believe.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:24 PM   #3
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

If you have a resistor cart. Check you wiring. Does the coils get hot at full speed ? you may have a broken/loose wire to the resistor or at the speed control. If you have a volt meter check each battery and across the whole pack. Do this one hour after you charge the batteries. Old wires and old batteries will give poor performance even if everything is hooked up right.

joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

mauistardog, it is a series, new batteries, checked volts to soleniod, working proper, checked volts to controller 38vlts, 38vlts to motor, Batteries are HOT! 36vlt pack. Maybe all the curtis contoller will allow 1204 controller which from what I see is 275 amp max. How do you figure how many amps you have total going to it?
Old 11-03-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Batteries should not be hot? Are those 1971 cables ?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM   #6
mauistardog
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok, now that we know you have a controller cart :-) Scottyb is right... you should not have a hot batteries, so how old are the wires ? The last time I had problems with my controller cart where it ran slow, it was my Controller. but I would also check your POT box. are you getting 0-5k reading ? Did Grandma run over something and bend the linkage to the pot box :-) If you have the manual, there is a trouble shooting guide, that will run you through a series of tests. It sounds like you have all ready done some testing. When you solve the problem, please post the results so other can learn.

aloha
joe
mauistardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 06:06 PM   #7
DOOmsman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

I know more smart butt, but you better fix it fast or your gun toting mum
is gonna shoot your butt or not make you any more cinnamon toast.
DOOmsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #8
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

misunderstanding in the wording. Batteries are Hot, meaning 38vlts, all charged up ready to go, 36vlt system. lol. Thanks guys I will try to check pot. tommorrow and see if it makes a diferance. Just think it should go faster than it does. Mom has not even seen it yet much less drive it. I won't it running a little faster befor she gets too are she will go buy a 4wheeler. Momma get's what momma won'ts. Some kind of unwritten rule somewhere. And Yes with 3 other siblings that would make me #1 son.(for a while)
Old 11-03-2010, 08:39 PM   #9
WILD1
Not Yet Wild

Forgot, know where I can download a manual for this cart?
Old 11-05-2010, 02:42 AM   #10
ezgokid
resident idiot

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILD1 View Post
Forgot, know where I can download a manual for this cart?
If it's not here, it's nowhere.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
ezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO