Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2010, 12:30 PM   #1
interstate
Gone Wild

Default Wanted electronics

Looking for cplete stock electronics system so I can
upgrade my v glide 88 club car to electronic speed control. 36v.
interstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2010, 02:13 PM   #2
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Wanted electronics

Interstate-- Am I correct you want to stick with a 36 volt cart with electronics, OR are you just saying its a 36 volt set up now that you want to convert to 8 volts??
Go with 48 volts ( 6- 8 volt batterys or 8-6 volt batterys for longer range ) with electronic's while you are at it to give you maximum performance and good control. The stock 36 volt motor is the way to go as you get a marked advantage ( speed and torque ) over 48 volt motor. You will not be sorry to make this conversion.
OLD MEC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sorry Interstate--Had important phone call that I had to take so stopped right in middle of post.
You NOW have a V glide unit, HD wiring to resistor board now that you ( COULD ) use with the ADDITION of small resistors mounted INSTEAD of HD wires on V Glide backside and this will allow you to use small guage wiring connected directly to a solid state controller. It gives you a little touchy throttle but no worse than what you now have with V glide, heavy wiring to the resistor board now.
( OR BEST ) yet you COULD mount a Curtis PB-6 throtte control and a Alltrax 400controller , the controller should be picked by many factors that you have now or will add later to your cart like Larger tires, Lift Kits, Extra seating, windshield, Top, higher voltage, etc. Replace all wiring with 4 gauge Welding multi strand cable and a HD F&R switch. and HD solenoid of proper voltage. Contact one of our sponsors with all needed info to give them a picture of what you have and what you expect from cart after completion.
Good luck and keep us posted on how its going.
Old 05-19-2010, 09:13 PM   #4
interstate
Gone Wild

Hi Old Mec,

Thanks for the posts. I must say that I am so new to all this that you just blew right over my head.

My goal would to have a system that will allow me to drive at slower speeds without turning my battery power into wasted heat through the resistor coils.

I am also on a tight budget.

I just bought and installed a new set of batteries yesterday, so I can't see upgrading to a 48v system any time soon. I don't know where I could add additional batteries, either.

I don't plan on spending the funds for a lift kit, large offroad rubber, etc. I need a simple efficient car.

Thanks again. Keep the advice coming, and please provide links if possible so I can continue to learn.
interstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM   #5
OLD MEC
Gone Wild

Club Car

INTERSTATE private message sent to you.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts