lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Default 1987 Marathon

Hi, New here. Picked up a complete EzGo for a good price. Now problem is all the wiring was removed, did come with a comple new wire kit 4#. I've been looking at all the wiring diagrams. The trouble is most diagrams show the four wires coming off the resistors going to the four posts on the throttle/wiper board. My throttle board has five posts, I found one diagram showing a fifth wire but unclear of where it goes. Also conflicting diagrams show one lead of motor going to battery while another showa it going to the resistor #4 position. I am new to golf carts but have been dabbling in electric scooters for awhile. Any help would be appreciated, or if anyone could possible post a picture of how theirs is wired up. I planned on posting some pics of the whole process when I was finished but alas I'm stuck.
Thanks Keith
phnguyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #2
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1987 Marathon

You might find help here.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html
e-z-go1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 08:52 AM   #3
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Thanks for the reply. But unfortunely it's one of the many conflicting diagrams I've found.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Visit a cart shop and look at their inventory. We have a local cart repair shop with hundreds of carts, many different ages and models. You may find just what you are looking for.
Dennis
Old 06-02-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-z-go1988 View Post
Visit a cart shop and look at their inventory. We have a local cart repair shop with hundreds of carts, many different ages and models. You may find just what you are looking for.
Dennis
That's next on my list. But again the local shops around here are kinda upscale you could say. I'll get it sorted eventually. Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

I've got an 88 Marathon. use this one post #2. I got smoke and flame using the one you mentioned. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:50 PM   #7
e-z-go1988
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak00 View Post
I've got an 88 Marathon. use this one post #2. I got smoke and flame using the one you mentioned. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-diagrams.html
Thank you for the link. I haven't had to use either of the diagrams but I like to have the correct diagram available if needed.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:45 PM   #8
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

From service manual.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19841989ezgoresistorwirao2.jpg (71.4 KB, 36 views)
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 09:44 AM   #9
phnguyk
Getting Wild

Thanks for the replys. I've pretty much got it figured out. Forward/reverse works, all micro switches work, neutral works, but. The first push of the pedal literally causes a wheelie, if I can not freak out and keep a steady foot on the throttle, above that initial push seems fine. Same goes for letting the throttle release, just before it hits full stop it jerks violently. I'm assuming bad resistors so I ordered a set, that I will hold on to if not the problem. Or possibly a slight wiring issue. Any ideas?
Old 06-03-2010, 06:51 PM   #10
kmartz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I rewired an 86 marathon and had the same problem with hole shots on initial take off. Seems I ws by passing the coils and getting full power to the motor at the slightest press of the pedal. My oops! maybe you have the same problem. If new resistors don't fix it check the wiring from the fw/rv to the coils/motor.
kmartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO