lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-16-2019, 07:36 PM   #1
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Default New Golf Cart Owner

Hey all. I’ve been doing some light research for a while and finally found a good deal on a 2007 Club Car Precedent 48v that’s bone stock right now. The previous owners just put brand new Trojan batteries in 2 months ago ($750) and I only paid $2200 for the cart so I have some budget to play around with and build this like I want it. Anyway, to the point of my post, I’m going to be using this cart around the neighborhood for running to the community pool and to friends’ houses. Right now my top 4 mods by priority are a rear flip seat, lift kit, tires/rims, and lights - in that order more or less. Before I go and order parts I want to make sure I’m not making any incorrect assumptions. What I’m looking at right now is a madjax 150 flip seat. Then looking at either a jakes or madjax 6” lift. Followed by 12” rims and 23” tires. As far as lights, I’m not real concerned with street legal right now but thinking into the future I may want to go with an upgradable kit in case I change my mind down the road. Definitely want LEDs. Anyway, having said all that, are there any major do’s or don’ts that I need to be aware of? Even just general golf cart owner advice. I’m completely green. Thanks in advance!
southernr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-16-2019, 07:48 PM   #2
jclark138
Runs with scissors-

Yamaha

Default Re: New Golf Cart Owner

Welcome !
jclark138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:31 PM   #3
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jclark138 View Post
Welcome !

Thanks! I’m sure I’ll be spending quite a bit of time here over the next few months/years!
Old 05-16-2019, 09:30 PM   #4
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Contact Dave at Revolutiongolfcars.com. Heed thy words. Do so and act in faith and ye shall be rewarded with the best cart in your hood. He will have everything you need.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 04:17 AM   #5
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernr View Post
Followed by 12” rims and 23” tires.

Anyway, having said all that, are there any major do’s or don’ts that I need to be aware of? Even just general golf cart owner advice. I’m completely green. Thanks in advance!
Welcome!

Be aware, by adding taller tires you will gain speed, but lose torque. If you have any hills or will be hauling a good amount of weight, this could be an issue.

Take care of your batteries. Here is a good sticky to get you started on proper battery care: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...batteries.html
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 05:37 AM   #6
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. I don’t plan on hauling much weight, just me and the wife and 2 young kids. But we do live in a moderately hilly neighborhood. I watched a YouTube video a couple of days ago where a guy did a speed 5 program (I think that’s what it was called) which increased his top speed to mid/high 20’s. Any suggestions on mods like that to help me gain some power?
Old 05-17-2019, 05:43 AM   #7
Roy Gurley
Gone Wild

Club Car

Location: Retired and live in small town of Timberlake, North Carolina

Welcome to the forum from North Carolina!
Roy Gurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 06:19 AM   #8
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htownblue View Post
Contact Dave at Revolutiongolfcars.com. Heed thy words. Do so and act in faith and ye shall be rewarded with the best cart in your hood. He will have everything you need.
Quote:
Thanks for the info. I don’t plan on hauling much weight, just me and the wife and 2 young kids. But we do live in a moderately hilly neighborhood. I watched a YouTube video a couple of days ago where a guy did a speed 5 program (I think that’s what it was called) which increased his top speed to mid/high 20’s. Any suggestions on mods like that to help me gain some power?
Heed the advice from Htownblue. Dave at http://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/, is a site sponsor on here. He has helped countless of us members. He will give you options to get to your goal and offers customer service that is second to none. He helped me with my build. You can see in my signature that it was not a "run of the mill" build. I don't think anyone is more knowledgeable on Club Cars as him.
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 07:23 PM   #9
southernr
Not Yet Wild

Is it best to contact him by email or a phone call?
Old 05-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #10
Htownblue
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Is it best to contact him by email or a phone call?
Either one.
Htownblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car