lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-10-2019, 03:31 PM   #1
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default See anything

I am working on a 295. No telling how much money has been spent trying to make this engine run right before the person called me. I bring out the compression tester and it had a little over 185 pounds of compression on both cylinders , which a on the high side. I decided I had better look closer. My compression tester is accurate also.

After looking under the valve cover I noticed the all too common issue with intake valves showing more threads than the exhaust . I decided to dig more and into it found out it is one notch out of time.. Yet it had almost 190 pounds of compression.

For some reason the pictures are turned to the left. If you look real close though you will see the key way is one notch to the left of mark. Look at 2nd picture. Top cam mark is lined dead on it. My photo work is not very good but I can assure you the top cam is lined up on the money . Someone put it up like this and told him all was good. It continued to run bad and they told him it was nothing else they could do.

Working behind someone that rebuilt this engine last year. This is a first for me with an engine out of time one notch and having 185 pounds of compression.

Maybe its time I do something else Not sure why I say yes when I am retired but I do.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0145.jpg (166.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0149.jpg (156.6 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO