lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #1
scmoose
Gone Wild

Default Safe Max RPM

What is the safe, for the stock cart motor, max rpm for a Precedent 2012 I2 cart? I dont want to burn this thing up tearing around the neighborhood with the new Alltrax controller. Currently set to 6000 rpm, running at 5800 according to the tool kit software.
scmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2019, 11:48 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Safe Max RPM

6000 is the general rule of thumb, but the stock motors tend to have more high rpm issues then better built AM motors do. On Logic carts I have always maintained 5500 rpm to be safe.

PQ's will allows 6500 but I stay below there too, to be safe, unless I am showing off () or testing...
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2019, 08:41 PM   #3
Out2Sea
Gone Wild

Default Re: Safe Max RPM

Another way to approach your question:

Assuming CC max designed speed is both safe and legal, and that CC’s focus is not wasting money on over building/engineering their golf cart so that they can remain competitive, let’s work backwards from CC’s max speed of 20mph (their additional paid speed code controller update.)

Using the below calculator you get 4500 rpm’s (gear ratio 12, tire size 18 )

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/speed-calculator.php
Out2Sea is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car