lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Frosty

I just got a 2001 Club car that is in very good shape just the usual couple scratches and weathering. I want to paint it but have some questions for those that may have some experience doing what I want to do. I've done my fair share of research about prepping plastic so I feel comfortable there. What I'd like to do is use the Duplicolor "paint shop" system on the cart after prepping and adhesive promoter... I'd like to do the base coat then the metallic clear mid coat then the matte clear to get that frosted metallic look that I'm after. Has anyone used this system for a golf cart body and if so can anyone give me the pros n cons. I've used the duplicolor system on metal stuff in the past with good result and I like the no mix ease of use. But being this is lacquer will it work ok if prepped right? is the matte clear durable enough? easy to care for? etc.
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-23-2019, 03:47 AM   #2
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Default Re: Frosty

Moved to Body and Paint for better responses!
lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 09:53 AM   #3
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

Thank you!
Old 03-03-2019, 10:04 PM   #4
CoiloverCarts
Getting Wild

How bad is the body? I have completely changed the appearance of carts with a $15 harbor freight buffer and Maguires cleaner wax...

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
CoiloverCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:11 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I wish somebody who has used this system would chime in. I've never used it either.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:59 AM   #6
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

So... Front cowl paint done with custom your's truly fabbed brush guard. Went with VHT engine metallic burnt copper 3 coats with 4 coats matte clear over that. got the look I wanted. looks killer outside in the daylight.http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album...ictureid=28189 Now onto the rear half and roof...
Old 04-02-2019, 12:16 PM   #7
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyG67 View Post
So... Front cowl paint done with custom your's truly fabbed brush guard. Went with VHT engine metallic burnt copper 3 coats with 4 coats matte clear over that. got the look I wanted. looks killer outside in the daylight.http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album...ictureid=28189 Now onto the rear half and roof...
Can you post some pics here?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 06:59 PM   #8
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

So got it all done minus one more army star and a couple American flag decals for the front but you get the idea. It started out (bought it) with a new lift kit, tires, wheels,and a rear seat kit. but body and associated plastic/ metal bits needed to be repainted,windshield and new black seat covers.... Basically the look I was going after. Went with VHT Engine metallic in burnt copper because I loved the the color. Did 3 coats base and 4 coats matte clear. I custom fabbed the brush guard and mounted LED's in front on the vertical (because 99% of ppl would've mounted them horizontal lol....gotta be the odd one) Painted the roof and added fender flares...I hope this works... I suck at computers lol. http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1556064119 And yes I suck... The one image I wanted to show is sideways hahahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1169.jpg (375.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2127.jpg (224.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3648.jpg (408.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_4980.jpg (389.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6800.jpg (371.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2019, 07:19 PM   #9
rib33024

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1169.jpg (392.0 KB, 0 views)
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2019, 07:26 PM   #10
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

THANK YOU!!!! hahaha I really need to work on my tech bro!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center > Body and Paint