lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-09-2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Hooked4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Beware

Just wanted to give a heads up. I am rebuilding a 2000 EZGO, I ordered an economy lift kit from Buggiesunlimited.com. When I started to install kit I realized that the kit was for a gas cart and not electric. I had already installed just the 2 axle brackets when i noticed it. I called the tech support line on saturday and left message( never got a call back) so that Tuesday I sent an Email. the reply I got was very surprising, they said that I could order a new one and they would cover shipping. but they would not take it back in return. I than called their customer service dept. to make sure that was indeed what they meant.I was told that because it was open that it was in used condition and they would not make exchange. I explained that I know that it was my mistake but it not like i installed the whole thing and damaged it. I also told her that I have at least a 1000.00 in parts ready to order I.E. rear seat, wheels, tires and a couple of other things and that were they willing to loss that parts order just not to exchange the lift kit. She didn't seem to care. So just a warning if you order anything from there make sure your perfect and don'y make a mistake.
Hooked4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Beware

That's a stinkin' shame. Sounds like you got serviced. You might want to consider the sponsors here for the rest of your order. They all treat their customers much better than that.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The golf cart website you mentioned is owned and operated by the largest foreign owned golf cart part manufacture/distributor in the world. They can do whatever they want and they know it. They have a long history of not having the golf cart users best interest in mind.

It is best to stay away from their forum and their store.

OR better yet , go back and post that you found friendly helpful golf cart part suppliers at Buggiesgonewild.com and see if the post stays up for 30 minutes

By they way, do you know what you need to make the kit work? I have some old lift kit parts laying about....maybe something that'll finish the job?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #4
ddeblance
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I like scottyb's suggestion. Make the post, then post a link back here on bgw and we can all bet on how long it's stays up!
ddeblance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Even more subtle ..... try posting a bad review, never mention bgw (that's an automatic delete!) but just try to post what you posted here and ask if anybody else had any trouble with Nivel parts
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:42 PM   #6
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Sorry to hear about your problems but it boils down to your error not theirs. You admitted that you ordered the wrong kit. You opened it and installed part of it and it does indeed make it "used." Nobody wants to buy a "used" kit and that is why the vendor didn't want it back. If you had ordered the right kit and it came looking like it had already been opened and partially installed you would be equally pissed.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 08:54 PM   #7
Hooked4
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So what your saying is you never returned anything? and if i had received this and all parts were there and nothing broken but 2 brackets hand some bolt marks I would not even think anything of it.
Hooked4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #8
Rickochet
Card Carrying Old Fart

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooked4 View Post
So what your saying is you never returned anything? and if i had received this and all parts were there and nothing broken but 2 brackets hand some bolt marks I would not even think anything of it.
Maybe you wouldn't mind receiving a "used" kit sold as new but I wouldn't and what reputable vendor would want to do that.

I think the issue here is that you bought the kit from a "reseller" not the kit manufacturer. The vendor has no way to refurbish the opened kit to make it marketable as new. If the kit had come from the factory they might have been more receptive to accepting it back.
Rickochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 AM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Not trying to pick sides here, as I'd NEVER want to be in a position of "blaming" you, or defending that other forum/site.

Places that allow refunds or exchanges of items that are no longer sell-able, have to bury that cost into the cost of their products. Most brick and mortar stores accept returns, but everyone pays for that. I have seen dozens of times where folks buy chain saws from Home depot after a big storm, then return them a few days later. I've also had my wife purchase appliances that were repackaged by a returner, with their old appliance inside.

You obviously don't fall into that category, but the results to the store are the same. Sometimes Home Depot will have open-box sales, but I've never seen them sell a chainsaw that's been fueled and lubed up, with worn paint on the bar. Home Depot gets the volume to allow them to attempt to resell returns at a loss. An online seller may choose to do that or not.

However, I and hundreds of other members that are either active, or who got advice, upgraded, then left, have been more than satisfied with using BGW's sponsors.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:09 AM   #10
JGDUSC
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I am officially done with the BS of the BU as well. Ordered a turn signal kit, installed exactly as the wiring diagram showed. Blinkers were exactly opposite and the criss crossed at rear. spent hours rechecking and calling tech support exchanging pictures/emails. Turns out the wires were crossed in the harness and that green to yellow worked instead of green to green. They only offer was "we'll take care of you on the next order".

Tried to purchase bushing for rear shackles and ended up with some hard nylon instead of the rubber that was needed not to mention they were too big for the holes. When I called and told em the problem, they were happy to send me out replacements which turned out to be the exact same thing. Needless to say I am done with them. Found this site and and these sponsors and have never looked back and won't!
JGDUSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO