lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-18-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
pkka2007
Not Yet Wild

Default Electric EZGO Won't Charge

I have a 2001 Electric EZGO (36v) that I installed new batteries in about 2 months ago. I have had no problems with the EZGO until yesterday. The cart's batteries seemed to be going out so I took it back to the garage and hooked up to the charger. The charger does turn on and the needle runs up to about 20. However, after several hours the needle has not moved. The cart will still run some, so it is not completely dead, but it obviously needs charging. There is a Curtis 900g Battery "Fuel" Gauge on this cart and the red line constantly jumps back and forth between "R" reserve and "E" empty. I have heard others on this forum talk about using a 12 volt battery charger to charge the batteries up enough to allow the charger to kick on, but my charger already turns on. Is my problem different or will the 12 volt charger likely work for me as well? Thanks for any help you can offer!!!
pkka2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-18-2008, 09:42 PM   #2
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Re: Electric EZGO Won't Charge

Welcome to BGW

Your problem is different. Check and clean all your connections real good, make sure they are all tight. Give each one a good tug. Also check your water level in the batteries. Only use DISTILLED water in them. If they are low, only fill till about 1/4 inch abouve the plates then fully charge the batteries. After charging then fill them up the rest of the way.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 09:53 PM   #3
pkka2007
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. I will check the terminals and water levels. I hope that takes care of it. I appreciate your help.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #4
pkka2007
Not Yet Wild

OK. All the connections are clean and tight. Perhaps a little dusty, but they are all 100% corrosion free. I checked the water levels and each battery has the same amount of water in it. It appears to be plenty of water, but just to be safe, how full should I fill each battery?
So I plugged the charger back in and it kicks on and reads about 20 on the charger meter. But the Curtis Battery Fuel Gauge still jumps between R and E. Should it still be doing that? What else should I consider? Thank you for your help!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:24 PM   #5
pkka2007
Not Yet Wild

OK Roady. I read you're Sticky: Read this before Posting message and that answered the water level question. They all have plenty of water. What would you suggest next? This site is great by the way!!
Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum pkka2007................

You could have one battery bad or going bad. Check each batteries voltage with a good volt meter.
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charge, electric, ezgo
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO