lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
EZGOFAULK
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Lightbulb Rebuild engine/rear end

i bout ezgo golf cart lifted with a Honda 550 nighthawk engine with a custom rear end . sounds good i know but its a nightmare so I'm going to tell you what not to do on a build 1st never have a drive shaft engine 2nd if you are looking for speed never use a electric rear end even with a high speed gear set the ratio is ridiculous low. 3rd is don't mount the engine to the frame mount it to the sway bar. Let me tell you y if you mount it to the sway bar everything moves as 1 the chain, motor, rear end and sway bar so it eliminates all the movements when the suspension goes up and down. so the plan is to gut everything and rebuild it. I have took it apart i found a gsx 600 so plan is go and look at it tonight to make sur its good . Then i have already bout the rear end shaft and bearings and I have to send back the sprocket to get a bigger size but everything will come in time.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=2433

Last edited by EZGOFAULK; 10-13-2012 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: adding pic
EZGOFAULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-13-2012, 05:42 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Rebuild engine/rear end

NOW YOU TELL ME!!!! But Yamahauler is a little different desighn. Good luck on the rebuild
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 10:07 PM   #3
EZGOFAULK
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Rebuild engine/rear end

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallblock450sl View Post
NOW YOU TELL ME!!!! But Yamahauler is a little different desighn. Good luck on the rebuild
Thanks man
Old 10-14-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
EZGOFAULK
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Exclamation Re: Rebuild engine/rear end

So the guy did not want to sell it no more. I'm looking for a engine any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 11-07-2012, 10:33 PM   #5
EZGOFAULK
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Smile Re: Rebuild engine/rear end

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/album.php?albumid=2433

So this is where ii am on my rebuild. My plans are after getting the engine mounted and in is making a custom dash. After getting that in I'm looking at getting another roll cage built and then racing seats. I'm really wanting front brake system. And repainting the hole cart im thinking about white and red and black. If anybody has anybody ideas or opinions about my rebuild please tell me
Thanks.

Tags
motor installation, rear axel
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Bike & ATV Engine Swaps