lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #1
dxhogg3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 07' ST Finally!

Hello again gone wild guru's. Its been a while, but i still drop in to read some posts, still have the early 90's workhorse(havent done anything major) but its still going.

Now on to the good news! I found a deal on an 07' EZ-G0 ST480 that i could not pass up. No hour meter but runs great(small exhaust leak at the manifold gasket but that will be fixed this afternoon).

The tires are worn and thats ok. i plan to replace them with 24's or 25's which ever will fit with the factory stance(any info ?). I do plan to put the springs in the front on top of the axle just to level it out, I have seen the pics of other years that have been put on top and it looks very simple. Will it be a easy as it looks on the 07'?

Also, if anyone can tell me the proper way to get a little more top end by adjusting the govener, without over revving the engine it would be greatly appreciated. Im not looking for 30+ just to be able to get from point A to point B as quickly as possible! (I think its about 15mph now)

I have a picture to put with my profile if i can figure out how to do it.

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend.

Looking forward to you guys infinate wisdom! JG
dxhogg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #2
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 07' ST Finally!

alright!! let the fun begin! :)

check out the ezgo gas tech section. there are instructions there how to adjust the governor.
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:48 PM   #3
dxhogg3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks Salty! i found it a day or so after i posted the thread. Of course i got gready and ran it all the way in, it ran about 27mph on the gps but it sounded like the motor was going to come apart. i found the specs for the B&S 16hp online and they say 3600rpm max! i borrowed a tach and she was hitting about 4150rpm. i knew i better roll it back. i put the gear selector in the nuetral position held it to the floor and dialed it in dead on 3600rpm. checked it again with the gps and was right around 22-23mph, plenty fast enough, and the engine just purrs at 3600rpm.

Man this things a beast! I've been everywhere i want to go with the diff unlocked and a few places i probably shouldnt be with it locked ! and thats with somewhat slick tires.

Still waiting on some tips on putting the springs on top of the front axle! i think i can get it level by moving the springs, and then i'm pretty sure there will be plenty of room for 24s maybe even some 25s
Old 06-06-2010, 10:46 AM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

As far as front springs on top, on the ST some have just flipped the hitch reciever over and placed on top the axle, then springs, then hold down plates, then run the bolts down thru the bottom spring perches. Then on the back on the ST you can just add blocks under springs w/longer bolts. (pretty simple) I use two 4" pieces of square tubing and drill holes for the spring locating pins.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 11:29 AM   #5
dxhogg3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Nice Workhorse!

Thanks for the tip.

I did read one thread a while back about clearance on the tie rods and having to roll the axle, any idea if i'll run into that?

What are the does and donts to crossing water with these things? I've been kinda leary about crossing creeks and puddles with standing water.

One thing that made me wonder is after rinsing off the other day i had to really get the rpm's up to get it to move. It acted a little funny for a few minutes but after the heat was built back up and everything dried out it was fine.

I know i have a 1000?'s. Maybe someday i can start answering them instead of asking them.

You guys are great though! I can see this is going to be a great hobbie. JG
Old 06-06-2010, 11:39 AM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

On the ST's there are no trouble with tie-rod clearance unless you have weak springs, as far as water problems? it's the drive belt getting wet.
Old 06-06-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
dxhogg3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

So no playing in the water?
Old 06-06-2010, 11:57 AM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxhogg3 View Post
So no playing in the water?

Not when it gets to the belt.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:09 PM   #9
dxhogg3
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

raising the motor? for two reasons, one to keep the belt dry, two ground clearance? i'm thinking tires is the only easy way!

The skid plate looks pretty beefy, i guess you could just bounce it a cross things it doesnt clear like we used to do with the vw bugs. LOL
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO